More Than Scrap

| More than Scrap Value
    Bear started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 1,989 Posts

More Than Scrap

1936 (close as i can figure) CASE Stationary Hay Baler

I advertised this once on CL, had one guy come look at it, who wanted one to rebuild, but had only a few weeks until the show he wanted to put it in, and didn't think he had time to get it completed. I relisted it as a conversation piece, but never had any serious response

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    It does seem to warrent being put into a collection or musem, Mike.
    "Profit begins when you buy NOT when you sell." {quote passed down to me from a wise man}

Now go beat the copper out of something, Miked

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 668 Posts
    Is it seized up? I didn't think there were any trees in OK!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    not seized, the gearworks anyway. I didn't attempt to turn the motor, if one wished to re-use it, felt they'd rather tear it down for inspection first. Yeah, we got lotsa trees in SE OK. The old cemetery near here is half filled with Woodmen of the World monuments from around 1900-the 20s, was a lot of timber cutting here. Our little farm has about the only remaining stand of native timber in the area, about 60 acres in timber, and it gets mighty thick too. Most of these near the house are native pecan

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    1936 (close as i can figure) CASE Stationary Hay Baler
    I advertised this once on CL, had one guy come look at it, who wanted one to rebuild, but had only a few weeks until the show he wanted to put it in, and didn't think he had time to get it completed. I relisted it as a conversation piece, but never had any serious response
    You might try the classifieds on Ebay, doesn't cost anything to list.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I kinda considered that then Mechanic, was about a year ago, maybe I should consider it again. At the time it didn't look like as much activity on ebay classified, but at least there it isn't restricted to being listed in only one area

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    That's where Snodley found his pickup up in Kalamazoo Mich.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic688 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Bear, what part of SE OK are you from?
    Im originally from SE OK (Haworth), left there almost 21 years ago to join the Air Force, and come back every few years to visit the family.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to brandon for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Hey Bear if you do end up scrapping it make sure you take those wheels off. Around here they always sell for much more than scrap.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    cool brandon, my sister bought a house in redland must been about 10 years ago, before that they lived in haworth awhile, her kids went to school there. It's 60 miles from my house to hers.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    cool dmm, there's 2 old spoke wheels back by the creek, not sure what they're off of. Do they list them on CL? I'm so far from any sizable towns with CL tho

It'll never go to scrap long as i'm still around, it's been there 50 years, it's more than welcome to stay there another 50 ; )
    Last edited by Bear; 04-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    That looks like a great yard decoration until you sell it
    Garbage keyboards > spɹɐoqʎǝʞ ʎɐqǝ

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    It's been sitting right there for over 50 years RCA, I moved it up about 20 ft before the guys came to look at it. That B model Farmall in my profile pic has been there about that long too, it's a 47. Also got a 36 B model JD. They were all my Dad's. None of them in very good shape, though, and some parts were taken off the tractors while we were away

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Bear, i only said haworth since that is the closest place on the map, i grew up in shinewell, at the fire tower, my sister and brother-in-law live in goodwater.

Now i know exactly why you dont like when people post pictures, when i go back home, i dont go on the computer the whole time im there, and have to go outside to use my cell phone.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-01-2012 at 08:41 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't mind photos at all, they're a very necessary ingredient of the whole picture show. They're also very easily edited, making them easy to load, and reload. Several tons of bloated, unnecessary photos, did kinda get under my skin the other day though, along with someones encouraging words to continue doing such things, in place of first taking at least a simple look at several very recent threads, meticulously describing identical items in great detail. I have few doubts we all know what phone jacks, printer plugs, and fax machines look like, as well as being able to realize there must be some screws in there somewhere with which to dismantle them. Really wish i'd never got in to that thread, but once i had, felt it should be noted for what it was
    Last edited by Bear; 04-02-2012 at 01:11 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    cool machine, if only i was closer. it does make a really cool peice of yard art.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I actually started this thread hoping a new idea or two might surface as to how i might find it a better life. When I was about 5 we'd play all over it, spinning the flywheel, watching the press going up and down, it's a wonder we never got hurt on it

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Bear, I wonder if there is a forum for that kind of collectable iron? If there is, that would be an excellent place to advertise it (them). Those kind of people will go halfway cross country for something they really want.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I love the history of the piece
    A SERIOUS MIND, FOR SERIOUS TIMES

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic688 View Post
    Bear, I wonder if there is a forum for that kind of collectable iron? If there is, that would be an excellent place to advertise it (them). Those kind of people will go halfway cross country for something they really want.
    Moderator! Hey man, can i get some free advertising? Yeah, there's tractor forums and stuff like that, i've looked at a few of them, but haven't really pursued it since last summer a little bit. I think people usually want something they can readily find parts for, but i've done extensive searches for anything resembling this one, with absolutely no luck. ( any new parts needed to make it work would likely need to be fabricated ) Found photos of an earlier 32, and a later 40, but nothing exact, hence my guess of 36. Took that picture coming in from the back pasture yesterday and decided to post it on this new "more than scrap" section they've started here

Thread Information