D*MN POS New Truck....

| Tools and Equipment
    DumbD started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

D*MN POS New Truck....

Hello all.

I've been sitting around all day cause I'm depressed about my truck.
    I Had an '86 ford ranger before for 2 years. It finally died.

My "new" truck was a '95 4x4 super cab F150.

I crossed the WW bridge in MD and it shut off.
    Pulled on the shoulder, and called my bro.
    It was DEAD. when we turned the key, it Knocks, (clack,clack,clack) and smoked.

It has a 5.0 liter, just changed the oil. Looked like it blew anti-freeze all over the engine though...

STUPID >>>D*MN ))))#^%$#& USED CARS................

I have a Harley Davidson too, but my license expired, so no way to look at trucks.
    UUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

ALL USED CAR/TRUCK ads are FULL OF SH!T , I've found.
    One idiot guy stated "one owner" but when he called he said he "just got it and was trying to get his money back" (Black guy...SO) when I called another with "86K miles" and the (another black guy) called back , I said well, "it has 86k miles right"...
    "Nope the Odemetaber goes to 100k ..." I almost called him the "N" word and hung up.

Stupid "Effin' used truck ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    The Idiot white guy I bought my '95 from was THE WORSTE, So Please don't take this as "racial"...

Anyway, trying to decide If I should try to fix the F150 (I love),
    OR junk it. Too much ...used engine installed, "1550$" , New one "3900$" (too much)...

Can't work AT ALL in mean time...

ALL TRUCKS ARE POOOOOOOOP , IMO and new one's are like 40k$ $$..........Stupid crap
    SH^T< F&^K SK*T trucks....
    They ALL suck IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for any advice.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Can't offer any advice, but hope you feel a bit better after venting a bit. Even if I could afford a brand new truck, I still prefer used, though it sure can be trying at times.

DumbD started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by devo View Post
    Can't offer any advice, but hope you feel a bit better after venting a bit. Even if I could afford a brand new truck, I still prefer used, though it sure can be trying at times.
    Thanks man.

I hope what I wrote isn't taken the wrong way.

The new trucks are crap IMO. (The Gubment knows when gas is higher, EVERYTHING is higher and tax is a percentage, so I doubt ANY politicians will lower gas prices...the rest of us are taxed off it.)

I am so ticked about my truck...and nothing was my fault besides the stupid gamble on "used" stuff.

Thanks though. I will try to have another guy swap the engine, but he got anthritis in his hands and had to stop being a mechanic.

IDK.... It's just so messed up trying and trying, and it's always in front of my face, BUT out of reach...while being called an "idiot" for what I do by others....

Just can't explain. I saw a "cherry-picker" at HF, but I doubt I could swap an engine.
    Even If I could, Would it be worth it???
    Thanks.
    Got to go. I don't even have computer right now.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    engine swaps are easy, should be able to rent a cherry picker from auto zone, just lable everything when you take it off and make sure you put everything back where it originally came from, you should be able to get a chiltons manual from your local library. but i have been wrenching since i was about 10.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If I liked the truck I would change out the engine. With it running you should be able to make your money back in reasonable time and then you will have the truck for a while!
    We have equiptment go down on occason that the parts are thousands to fix the above is the attitude I try to have. It is a bit harder now days that the profit margins are much less than they used to be.

On the flip side we have been crushing pretty decent vehicles lately cause I hate dealing with people when we try and sell one. I have a 79 dodge sitting by the road right now. 4x4 318. it need a few things but I am asking a whopping 850 for it. I cant tell you how many 500.00 offers I have gotten in the last week,, even a 300.00 offer when I moved it out the other day. Dont guess they realize it is 600 ish accross the scales. Sad really I have crushed some neat stuff in the last year because people are unreasonable.
    Last edited by Rio; 03-21-2012 at 07:33 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by Rio:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,988 Times in 746 Posts
    i agree some nice cars scrapped, i just wish i could keep more of em

8. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by corycouch:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 1,989 Posts
    Anytime you go looking for a new used vehicle, you'd better get there first, before the dealers do (and yes, they'll be up at 4am searching through the local papers for them) This has all likely changed a bit since my last purchase, but you'll just need to get ahead of the game, where the internet is concerned) I'd look at the local paper for days or weeks, every day, early! Until i knew every ad in my price range and desired vehicle. Then once I got that down, I'd get out early to the newly listed ones, and hope to get a decent vehicle. If you're not there first, if a dealer's already looked and passed, you probly don't want it anyway. Then you've got to know what to look for. One or two of my first tests are to get underneath it to check for leaks and loose ujoints etc. (if the seller is more intent on telling you where to look, or too busy trying to "show" you the car, let it go), also look for recent repairs ( freshly scarred bolts, big magic marker labels from a wrecking yard parts place etc.) broken tailpipes, then stick a finger deep into the exhaust and rub it around, if it's too sutty walk away. These are simple tests, then you got to check under the hood, start it, listen close, drive it at least several miles, then decide. (if the seller thwarts any of these simple checks, leave it )

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    That comment was really terrible (black guy so) how is that not racist. Just because you through in white guy worstest it some how absolves you of critizism. I am not making this racial you did really really not cool.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to skippy for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,988 Times in 746 Posts
    nice post skippy, i couldnt come up with a way to word it, thats why i commented on the crushing cars

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    That comment was really terrible (black guy so) how is that not racist. Just because you through in white guy worstest it some how absolves you of critizism. I am not making this racial you did really really not cool.
    skippy, there'll never be the day when I come to DumbDs' defense. He was wrong saying all that racist chit. But so were you. Remember this? "I scored one of those huge aluminum white trash antennas stick up 20 ft above home". You should, it's yours.
    AMERICAN BORN, AMERICAN BRED! AND I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinejack View Post
    skippy, there'll never be the day when I come to DumbDs' defense. He was wrong saying all that racist chit. But so were you. Remember this? "I scored one of those huge aluminum white trash antennas stick up 20 ft above home". You should, it's yours.
    Yeah, but we white trash are the only ethnic group it is okay to go all racist on.

The only unprotected minority today is the middle-aged white male. All the sitcoms pick on him as the butt of jokes, because it is safe.

My favorite quote is "Liberals protest, conservatives work."

That being said, the racist remarks were very uncool.
    Burly Smash![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    John Terrell (248) 224-2188
    Burly Guys Junk Removal LLC
    5499 Perry Drive Unit P Waterford, MI 48329
    http://www.burlyguys.com

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    Call the company agap here in dallas tx...they most likely will have a motor for you.

That or buy a rebuild kit and do it your self. Sounds like you broke a rod inside the motor.
    My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 898 Posts
    Idk if you can get em where you live but marshal, company out of south central neb, rebuilds em nice my dad has put 3 or 4 of em in different cars and pick ups without any trouble pretty reasonable also. Also offer a non fault warranty for like $100 or so, aside from the 3 year 36000 mile warranty that comes standard. The no fault is your one time get free out of jail card reguardless of the reason. I would highly recomemd them

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I say fix it, i got a 93 extended cab 2x4, love it. put $25 to $35 a day in it and run all day, scrappin is my full time job till i go fishing in a month and this truck is the best i have had since a 78 c3500 dually 327 4sp with tow boom, now that thing would haul and great on gas work all day on $20.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to danielms for This Post:

19. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. I don't have a truck :/
      By HeartSpasms in forum Tools and Equipment
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: 08-21-2013, 10:29 PM
    2. My Used/New truck
      By submarinepainter in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
    3. truck
      By Copper Head in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-18-2012, 08:41 AM
    4. I might be getting a truck of my own!
      By CanIScrapIt in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 01-18-2012, 03:38 PM
    5. POS Systems
      By tekscrapper in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 05-14-2011, 11:13 AM

Thread Information