Metallix Refinery

| General Electronics Recycling
    Reelman65 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Metallix Refinery

Has anyone dealt with Metallix of NC for ewaste refining? They only require a ton. I need a place within driving distance, especially for < $1/lb stuff like low grade boards, power supplies etc

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Haven't heard of it... I'm looking into refiners myself along the mid atlantic east coast. Let us know what you find out!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    metallix used to be RFE industries. might want to google it. also metallix 'cash for gold program'.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rbrooks715 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    also metallix 'cash for gold program'.
    that sounds kinda iffy. stick with the recommended ones, then you won't be crying in your beer on the forum.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    i had posted a link to the bbb site showing all the complaints against them.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks for all of the info. Just to clarify, my goal is to understand the cost / benefits of going to the next level (also determining What is the next level). I currently process ewaste yeilding about a gaylord every month of high grade PCBs. I operate very lean, with no help or special equipment. the next step, if i choose to do it is. Website, trailer, forklift, and probably additional space. I am just trying to determine the amount I would have to process and pay for all of the goodies. I probably wouldn't even consider growing except that I don't like having to walk away from the bigger deals.
    thanks,
    B

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    Interesting, are you considering becoming an online buyer? We have several buyers of ewaste who are members here. Those may be the guys who you might want to pose the questions.

Or are you looking for an "further up the chain" buyer of ewaste. Much has been discussed about the processors of ewaste. Its been stated that all the refinners of ewaste are located overseas. This leads to taking the risk of sending large quanities of materials to a refinner who is located in a country where you are the foreigner. Not something I would consider a "good" time. If I have misunderstood your post I'm sorry, Mike.
    "Profit begins when you buy NOT when you sell." {quote passed down to me from a wise man}

Now go beat the copper out of something, Miked

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't really want to become an online buyer for small quantities. (I don't have the work ethic of Easy and Chris and the others but I was really just trying to figure out if it is worth it to gear up and go after bigger deals to work up to sending tractor trailer loads vs single gaylords. if it is $4.50/lb to $5.00/lb it is not really worth it and I will continue to tinker around, but if it is $4.50 to $7 or $8/lb, then it might be compelling to make the commitment.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    i seriously doubt there gonna tell you what there end total is that they get, They spent alot time money and learning how to run there ship right. BEst thing for you to to is start looking for a refiner and get a idea of what ur going to need. Cant get it going without doing the leg work yourself first.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunemaul View Post
    i seriously doubt there gonna tell you what there end total is that they get, They spent alot time money and learning how to run there ship right. BEst thing for you to to is start looking for a refiner and get a idea of what ur going to need. Cant get it going without doing the leg work yourself first.
    Which is why I am engaging with metallix and others.......

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    sry bout that i need to read better when i wake up.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 431 Posts
    The higher up on the metals chain, the higher the costs associated with doing business. Doesnt matter if it is ewaste or ferrous or non ferrous - margins are very tight. On top of that you are working around the market. I would be shocked if anyone selling us material is running as tight as we are on margins. I know alot of our customers are paying $1.25 to $2.50 per lb, selling it to us for $3.80!
    Specializing in Maximum value for mixed precious metal printed circuit boards and electronics

Check out our pricing and read some of our RAVING reviews: http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/scrap...tal-scrap.html
    QUESTIONS? Email us: info@CashForComputerScrap.com
    or Chat with us: www.CashForComputerScrap.com

14. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Ewasted:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    What ewasted said is very true. Our line or making a profit, braking even, losing money is VERY close and we lose money all the time...we just have the standing power to either take the loss and keep going or just hold onto it until the market is back up.

Another thing ewasted did not say was the labor we have to put into all the scrap even if it was all ready clean we have to check it and regrade it. So its many factors and here is the BEST bit of info I can give you.

Do what you are now. Find places to buy the scrap from and then sell it to a ewaste company either that be me or someone else...work up a friendship and get better pricing with both more weight and friend ship (spending time on the phone or even sending an e-mail every now an then are really great) and work on the prices that you are given. After a few when you build up a larger amount you can either stay with the same buyer (by this time is giving you even better pricing) and or start looking for another large buyer who can give you the better pricing...and do everything all over again until you can send truck loads...that is when you start to look for a refiner...not when you have 40pounds.

Think of it as a ladder....take one step at a time.
    My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

16. The Following User Says Thank You to easyrecycle for This Post:

Thread Information