E-Waste Buyers in Canada???

| General Electronics Recycling
    I29North started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

E-Waste Buyers in Canada???

Are there any Canadian e-waste/e-scrap buyers on this forum? I would really like to talk to you.

Brent

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't think there are any that are Canadian, but I'm pretty sure most of them will buy from Canada. Easyrecycle, Ewasted, and quite a few others are on this forum under the Scrap Buyers and Sellers section.
    There's nothing more fun and more effective than hitting something repeatedly with a sledgehammer

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Scrap man, thanks for the reply. I have seen the US buyers, checked their web sites and even conversed with a couple....BUT, with what the carriers; UPS, Canada Post, Fedx, want to ship a 20 or 50 lb box kills any hope of me making a profit. I am not looking to get rich but do want something left for my time and effort. I like the prices that the US buyers are paying and would settle for a little more than 1/2 if I didn't have to pay so much for shipping. I am sure there must be a Canadian buyer somewhere, just haven't found them yet.

Brent

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Check these canadian websites for more info:
    http://www.greencorecycling.ca/electronic.htm
    http://www.fmrscrapbuyers.com/#!price-list/vstc1=blank
    http://slateriron.com/electronic_scrap_recycling.htm

I live in toronto, ON, but never had a chance to sell my e-scrap that I'm collecting. Let me know Brent how it goes with your search.

Good luck!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    You might have some luck with this on the gold refining forum. As Ron said above, let us know how you make out - I've also started collecting e-scrap.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Canadian E-Waste Buyer Opening Soon

Good Afternoon

KD Recycling Inc. is pleased to announce that we will be opening an E-Waste buying division very soon, hopfully open by March. We are just waiting for final government approval to become an end-of-life electronics processor and as you all know dealing with the government is never easy. It took us almost 18 months just to get the proper insurance in place.

We will be offering pick up or drop off services for your e-waste. Our pick up service will be on a monthly bases in the begining covering from Toronto to Timmins and Sault St. Marie to Ottawa . You will also be able to ship to our location. We are located in Callander, just outside of North Bay, Ontario.

All E-waste purchases will require proper ID and will be paid in Canadian funds and in cash, weight tickets will be provided for all purchases and our scales will be certified by Canada weights and measures.

As far as pricing goes we will be very competitive with the U.S. prices.

I will keep you posted and provide more information as things progress.

If you have any specific questions please send me a PM and I will get back to you, it may take a day or two as we are really busy getting the processing facility ready for government inspection. But I will get back to you.

Finally thanks to everyone on this board for the wealth of information collected in one spot, it made the difference on me going ahead with this venture.

Regards
    Steve Bon, CEO
    KD Recycling Inc.

100% Canadian owned and operated

7. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by KDRINC:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Good luck to you. I lived in North Bay 1983/4 and passed through many times on business since. Great spot in the summer.

gustavus is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I29North View Post
    Are there any Canadian e-waste/e-scrap buyers on this forum? I would really like to talk to you.

Brent
    Manitoba has e-wast buyers in Winnipeg, Selkirk and Morden. The guy in Selkirk who bought my hammer mill has a big operation going.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to gustavus for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gustavus View Post
    Manitoba has e-wast buyers in Winnipeg, Selkirk and Morden. The guy in Selkirk who bought my hammer mill has a big operation going.
    gustavus, have you dealt with any of them? If so which one and how do I contact them to get some prices. All I see around here is places that will gladly take your "stuff" for free.

Thanks,
    Brent

gustavus is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by I29North View Post
    gustavus, have you dealt with any of them? If so which one and how do I contact them to get some prices. All I see around here is places that will gladly take your "stuff" for free.

Thanks,
    Brent
    The guy in Selkirk his email address is rer@sdclc.ca they recently bought out another guy in Winnipeg. The guys in Morden is German fellow set up a refinery not sure if they're paying for waste though - sooner or later they will have to get with the program.

The Selkirk website says drop off, that page is for fools they actually pay for e-waste, no I have not sold any to them. The only business dealings I had with them they purchased my large Hammer Mill.

Don't let the tittle of the website get you down of the Selkirk buyer, the place is run with cheap labor like community hours and handicap. Ask to speak with the purchasing agent. They do not discriminate on low grade everything is one grade, the prices he quoted me were decent.

They also purchacde speakers and all sorts of other stuff, you'll have to make a trip in for a tour to see for yourself.

Selkirk & District Community Learning Centre

The refinery in Morden,

Exner E-waste Processing Inc
    12159 Road 27w, MORDEN, MB
    204-822-5235
    Last edited by gustavus; 12-18-2012 at 12:57 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I have spoken to a guy in Orillia, and one in Cambridge. Can't get a price list from any of them, olny a list for sorting purposes, would like to sell but decided to keep hoarding and disassembling until I can get some kind of price. The one guy in Cambridge wants me to weigh my stuff and tell him what I am looking for as far as price. It's a little backwards if you ask me, but then again, they,re Canadian just kidding. Was able to get a ballpark price on mobos, like 2.50-2.75 ?? Its low compared to the buyers on this forum. Glad to see someone north of here will make some competition. The said individual from Cambridge said the price is lower because some of the Americans sell to third world countries so the price is higher, he does not. I wonder how legit that statement is. I29north, my feelings are mutual, wish I could ship to the US and turn a profit, So far I have worked hard and long on the towers, so I want top dollar.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    As with anything, quantity matters. A couple hundred pounds of at least motherboard quality seems to be the entry point for small refinery set-ups in Canada to show interest in your material. The more you have, and the higher the quality, the more likely that you'll get closer to the prices you'd get out of US buyers. There may be a bit of confusion in the Canadian E-waste arena now that the ERPA is nation-wide. It may take a while for all of it to shake out to a stable market for buying/selling, and what it may mean for the flow of materials to your workshop.
    You can read more here: EPRA - Electronic Products Recycling Association

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ITBoneyard for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Personally, I have little interest in that mombojumbo, just want to sell my stuff. But thanks for the link. No patience to read thru that. But yes I've heard of it and sort of understand the principle of it. Just more red tape.
    And yes, I do have a few hundred pounds of mobos, still difficult to sell here.
    I'm thinking of taking pics of my stuff when I'm ready, e-mail it to 2 companies here, and go from there.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 12-18-2012 at 10:56 AM. Reason: additional comment

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I can relate to 'just want to sell my stuff' but you will find those regulations are going to slowly strangle you out of stuff to sell. They are there, now nationally, to ensure the proper and safe recycling of the huge E-waste stream we generate. Yes, it is a huge PITA, one designed to keep everyone on the up and up, and accountable. Slowly but surely, if you (or your suppliers) are not what they consider accountable you'll find yourself lacking material to work with. Set yourself up to play by the rules and you can play, otherwise you need a new game.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    It won't strangle anyone. And its not working. There are HUGE holes in this system, the stewartship program is all political BS.
    I won't entertain such bs and my suppliers are the unaccountable general public. And I've never played by the rules. Enough said.

19. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by SuperDave:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If we where buying right now at the current market prices, we would be paying $3.45 a lb for motherboards with batteries and heatsink removed, .31 a lb for power supplies with wires and .26 a lb for ac adapters. Just to give you a sample of what to expect compared to the US when we get open. We do not ship or sell overseas all our materials will be refined in Ontario.

Steve

21. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by KDRINC:

22. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. National - US & Canada Wheel Buyers
      By WheelBuyer in forum Scrap Buyers & Sellers
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 04-21-2022, 11:22 AM
    2. Canada - Canada E waste Buyer
      By devo in forum Scrap Buyers & Sellers
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 12-09-2015, 12:11 AM
    3. Canada - E-Waste, scrap metal removal in Montreal and surroundings, Quebec,Canada
      By lilo in forum Scrap Metal Removal, Junk Car Removal and Metal Recycling Services
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Thread Information