Scrapyards Near St. Paul, MN

| Misc. Metal Recycling
    MetalAddict started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Scrapyards Near St. Paul, MN

I wasn't sure what section to put this in, so if a moderator would like to move it that's fine.

Is Great Western/Northern Metal Recycling is the only scrap yard in the MSP area? (I live closer to saint paul, by the way)

I've been wanting to get into copper, PCB's, etc. but I highly doubt they take PCB's, not sure about copper. Grreat western is where I take all of my aluminum.

Anybody in the MSP area know? -Any help is appreciated. I did a quick google search but it didn't yield very many results.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Hi, heres a link to Alter Metal, there one of the biggest metal recyclers in the midwest and they have a location near you.
    http://www.altermetalrecycling.com/a...St_Paul_MN.jsp

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Well what do ya know? Its on the same road (I think) that Great Western is, haha. I must've googled the wrong terms. Thank you for the link, as well. I'm not quite Sure I understand their electronics acceptance rules, though.

"Electronics without circuit boards or cathode ray tubes (monitors, televisions) are acceptable.

If segregated from other scrap, select facilities may accept electronics with circuit boards and cathode ray tubes."

Are they saying if you have the PCB's separated they would be accepted (at certain locations)? -Could you please clarify?

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    "Electronics without circuit boards or cathode ray tubes (monitors, televisions) are acceptable.
    Here they are basically talking the cases that electronics are housed in. Some states have pretty strict rules in their electronics disposal. In most places cathode ray tubes (CRT) are a pain in the ass to get rid off. CRT's are the older bulky style monitors and tube televisions. But around here if i wanted to throw a complete dvd player or cable box in the sheet iron they do not care. In most cases you have to pay to get rid of the CRT's unless you can find someone who recycles them. Some Goodwills do take them whether they work or not from what Ive read.
    I personally do not deal with the alter yard here because I get pretty good prices from Sadoff on all of the hi grade computer boards I take into them. The last time I checked Alter wasnt really dealing a whole lot with e-scrap. I work with computers so I always have a fair amount from month to month. As far as PCB's go the only thing that I've ran into is the ballasts in light fixtures. I have a dumpster and my garbage company doesnt seem to care whats in there.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Still interested to find out if there are more yards in my area. Like I said In my introduction post I'd like to get into scrapping more, but winter is coming, and I assume it slows down during the winter months.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    This says it found 159 results for recycling in the St Paul area. I'll leave it to you to figure out which yards are applicable.

http://www.yellowpages.com/saint-pau...int+Paul%2C+MN

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Metal Addict. Have you started scrapping computers yet. I have a good contact that I would share with you if. Do you have an email address so i can shoot you over some contact info. I tried to Private message you but the function is disabled.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Yeah, I'm new set so I haven't gotten all of the settings set up to my preferences. Try again sometime.

9. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. New York - Long Island Scrapyards
      By Lawn Island Scrapper in forum Scrap Yards and Recycling Centers Directory
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 01-08-2015, 08:11 PM
    2. How can a newbie keep from getting ripped off from scrapyards?
      By dirtymoney in forum Scrap Metal Tips and Advice
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-24-2012, 10:54 AM
    3. UK... Scrapyards closed, As Police make dawn raids!
      By skipRAT in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 01-22-2012, 02:35 PM
    4. Paul from Mississauga,Ontario, Canada
      By scrapcarpaul in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 12-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Thread Information