Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IdahoScrapper started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts

My day picking up auction stuff

Here's my load from today. Bought 3 electric trucks and a lab freezer at auction.

2 of the trucks are Nordskog 280B. Sold as non working. I am going to tinker with them and see if I can get them going. Did a Google search and can't seem to locate any useful information.

Anyone on here familiar with these machines?

The guy who loaded them tells me they take 3 12 volt batteries (deep cycle) to make 36 volts. Does this sound right and if I can get one running, will a regular car charger charge the batteries?

And while I am posting pics, this is a truck I bought about a month ago for $500. It's a '99 GMC Sonoma. Needs a drivers door and grill. Not having much luck finding a door that someone doesn't want a ridiculous amount of money for.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IdahoScrapper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    nice finds!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heeroyue2002 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Those trucks are sweet, hope you can get at least one running.
    Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoScrapper View Post
    And while I am posting pics, this is a truck I bought about a month ago for $500. It's a '99 GMC Sonoma. Needs a drivers door and grill. Not having much luck finding a door that someone doesn't want a ridiculous amount of money for.[/IMG]
    Does the door work? If it opens and closes makes a nice yard truck...now if you are gong to flip it...you are kind of stuck. Could get an after market shell. The fit is a lot better these days.

SS

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    What I would do if find a trashed out 4wheeler or something like that and take the motor and drive system and install it in them. This way you do not have to charge the battery....charging the batteries one by one will take alot of time....Doing a change over should not be that hard if you have a welder and some simple cutting tools and some know how.
    My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Try using the parts locator on Recycle.net. I have used it a few times and pretty much have never had a problem finding a part. It links up tons of junk yards throughout the USA so I am pretty sure someone out there would have a door and grill for it. Good luck.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 904 Posts
    Oh how cute are those?! What were they used for? One of those would be fun to drive around at my dads and trick out with all sorts of mechanical ideas! I'd put a crane or winch on one and use it to haul big rocks and trees around with!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    love those little trucks, just cant find one I can afford. the Sanoma is a great find too.

I have an elect colf cart, wish it was gas. the elect limits your travel. but i know the gas ones ya need to tinker on all the time.

I also have a mid 80 yamaha with a 750 in it hmmmm na Im getting too old for that engine swap.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kringle View Post
    Yes car charger will charge the batterys What you will need to do is Charge each battery Seperately. Idea for you once batterys all charged I would locate motor Jack the Wheels off the ground and Run power directly to the Motor if it spins At least you know it will run without going through every relay to find out the Motor is Junk. It will save you a lot of troubleshooting time.

Thanks. I'll probably get out there if the weather cooperates tomorrow. Was cold/rainy yesterday.

They said it's been a few years since they used these, so I am guessing the batteries are shot. Could I be lucky and they still hold a charge? Will find out soon.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KZBell View Post
    Those trucks are sweet, hope you can get at least one running.
    Hope so too. Would be a great little runner between my house and parents who live nearby.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapperStoke View Post
    Does the door work? If it opens and closes makes a nice yard truck...now if you are gong to flip it...you are kind of stuck. Could get an after market shell. The fit is a lot better these days.

SS
    Door works if I am standing outside, and lift it just right as I slam it. I wouldn't be able to do that from inside. Brother says I should weld it shut and Dukes of Hazzard it in and out of there. haha, I am too old and chubby for that to work. I am annoyed that he has been able to find 2 color matching doors for 2 separate trucks that he has repaired over the past 2 years and I can't find one. Though any color would work and then maybe do a maaco junk special on it. Or leave it and have it look like a rainbow as panels get replaced.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IdahoScrapper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrecycle View Post
    What I would do if find a trashed out 4wheeler or something like that and take the motor and drive system and install it in them. This way you do not have to charge the battery....charging the batteries one by one will take alot of time....Doing a change over should not be that hard if you have a welder and some simple cutting tools and some know how.

Have a stick welder and cutting tools. Not a lick of knowledge on swapping engine/drivetrains though.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PistoneScrapProcessing View Post
    Try using the parts locator on Recycle.net. I have used it a few times and pretty much have never had a problem finding a part. It links up tons of junk yards throughout the USA so I am pretty sure someone out there would have a door and grill for it. Good luck.

Gave it a quick look. Seemed lacking in car parts. Maybe I am not searching correctly. Will look at it closer later. Thanks.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newattitude View Post
    Oh how cute are those?! What were they used for? One of those would be fun to drive around at my dads and trick out with all sorts of mechanical ideas! I'd put a crane or winch on one and use it to haul big rocks and trees around with!
    A local university ag program had them. Probably to drive around and survey their test fields in all their glory. Did some more searching. These utility trucks have a hefty payload considering what they are.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IdahoScrapper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    love those little trucks, just cant find one I can afford. the Sanoma is a great find too.

I have an elect colf cart, wish it was gas. the elect limits your travel. but i know the gas ones ya need to tinker on all the time.

I also have a mid 80 yamaha with a 750 in it hmmmm na Im getting too old for that engine swap.

You'd probably hate me if I told you what I paid! Could you sell or trade your Yamaha for a gas cart? I assume that's a motorcycle?

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Here try this place Idaho. I found them using www.car-parts.com they have a tone of doors for your truck for under 100 bucks or less. I dont know how far pocatello is from you but they have doors. You can use car-parts and just select idaho as a search state and it links up all the salavage yards. there are tons of doors in idaho for you. Just have to remmeber they same door is for blazers too. But the website does the cross referencing for you. Good luck.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    for the door, the bushings that help lift the door a bit are $6 and the set does both doors.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,556 Times in 1,227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrecycle View Post
    What I would do if find a trashed out 4wheeler or something like that and take the motor and drive system and install it in them.
    Thats a magic idea, I have 45V DC motor (overhead crane motor) thats a little too small for a electric car, unless its a experiment.

Can that van door just be 'reskinned'?

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    The lifting part makes me think door bushings also, when they wear out they make the door sag like an ole lady's ------.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mechanic688 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Dernit. I was ganna holler at you the other day so i could tag along with ya to a few auctions, see if i could pick somethin' up. I see ya beat me too it! Lol.

Id be interested in buyin one of them little trucks off ya. Id text ya but im guessin yer probably asleep. LOL. I hate bein' a nighthawk.

26. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Trash Picking isn't possible in my town. What should I do?
      By Kochy in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
    2. Replies: 24
      Last Post: 01-21-2012, 08:35 PM
    3. i have holidays early :) now on to trash picking
      By TrashPickingAusKid2 in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 12-13-2011, 10:58 AM
    4. Garbage Picking is Fun!
      By linkownsyou in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:43 PM
    5. Found an old fan while picking yesterday.
      By dryvr12 in forum More than Scrap Value
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-13-2011, 11:50 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information