View Poll Results: Who Is your favorite E scrap Buyer on The Forum?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • EasyRecycle

5 38.46%
  • BoardSort

5 38.46%
  • Ewasted

2 15.38%
  • Other

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who Is your favorite E Scrap Buyer and Why?

| Scrap Metal Tips and Advice
    mardigras started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Lightbulb Who Is your favorite E Scrap Buyer and Why?

Hi,
    We have probably all been burned by scrap yards and dealers at one time or another, so I am asking you fellow scrappers who is your favorite e scrap buyer here on the forum and why?
    Thx for sharing your experiences.
    Mardigras

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    And to all of the hot heads out here.................Yes I have read the forum posts already!! This is not meant to slight anyone or any said company.Please know this.
    It is however meant as a sort of reference for these companies or individuals. Because not everyone has experience dealing with others on the forum in this aspect.
    Thanks Kindly,
    Mardigras

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,335 Posts
    I like boardsort for one reason and one reason only. They pay upfront via paypal and I can use that money to ship the stuff. I am small time and this helps me a ton. When I get bigger and my volume increases I will switch to use easyrecycle im sure me and him will be doing alot of business.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 431 Posts
    Not sure this question is fair. Nobody has really given us a fair shot... thats just my opinion. I am not complaining, just simply stating a fact. We prepay for customers we have established relationships with and help on logistics on larger loads. Additionally you can track your lot through our process, online. You can see all the settlements and reports online too.
    Specializing in Maximum value for mixed precious metal printed circuit boards and electronics

Check out our pricing and read some of our RAVING reviews: http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/scrap...tal-scrap.html
    QUESTIONS? Email us: info@CashForComputerScrap.com
    or Chat with us: www.CashForComputerScrap.com

5. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by Ewasted:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I haven't used any yet, so I wont actually vote, but I will say this.

I agree with PTS, I like boardsort.com because they do pay via paypal, and you can use the funds to ship, so your out no out of pocket cash really.

I like easyrecycle, and the others because they are active members of the community and provide a great deal of knowledge to any who is interested for FREE, when their time and knowledge are worth a small fortune in itself.

I can understand why easyrecycle and a few others do not pay up front. Lets say the scale is broken, and I weight 120 lbs of motherboards, but in fact it is say 115lbs. Then you have to go through all the hassle of refunding back the $5. Now granted, they could easily say "we will deduct the $5 from your next payout" but what happens if it is some guy that won't have another shipment for say a year and a half...they do that all the time, eventually they would be hurting from it.

So I personally can see the positive and negative.
    George Beale - Founder & President - info@viprecyclingjunkremoval.com
    VIP Recycling Junk Removal LLC - Premier Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers!
    http://www.viprecyclingjunkremoval.com

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    it would be hard to vote unless you've dealt with multiple e-waste buyers from this forum... that being said, i support local business, and cash in hand trumps pay pal. my buyer teaches me while we make money together and individually.
    We're the renegades of Junk!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Filthy for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PartTimeScrapper View Post
    I like boardsort for one reason and one reason only. They pay upfront via paypal and I can use that money to ship the stuff. I am small time and this helps me a ton. When I get bigger and my volume increases I will switch to use easyrecycle im sure me and him will be doing alot of business.
    If someone needs help on the shipping of items and you have sent us items before we are more willing to help you out on that and many other logistics. We just do not offer that as of right now but we are looking into a free ship option but not sure how we can work that in the way we need to.

But in short. If we had a established relationship I can work with you on all matters.
    My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kringle View Post
    I actually think this thread was meant to cause dissension amongst the Members in the Ewaste Business. Even though it Said it wasn't Meant to. And there is threads in the ewaste section about Different guys on here.
    This post can turn very dirty but I think me and e-wasted and keep things together. From some of my dealings with him from privet e-mails/pms this is what I can say of him/his company. I do not think he would be out to scam you..or only pay you $4.00 for 100pounds of motherboards. But I have not sent him one item as our prices that we are getting just dont work with each other. But beyond that I think he is truthful and would not be a bad card to have in your pocket if for some reason you cant sell to me for one reason or another. But of coarse I will say as being the owner of my company...sell to us.

11. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by easyrecycle:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    I agree with others here who state if you haven't used all or at least more than one it is unfair to "vote". Statements that attest that a single buyer has been fair and given good service is a valuable addition to any thread.

By its very nature the question will tend to cause conflict. I don't believe the originator had that in mind. I assume he just wants to know who best to sell to.

Well we all learn that there are some very bad places to sell and I am of the opinion that none populate this forum. So what's a new guy to do? I suggest read more posts. Perhaps sell small lots til you trust the buyer. I could promise to pay more than anyone but once I have you stuff I can make up lots of reasons why you don't get what you expected. In this case "let the seller beware" is what will save you.

I can say that the buyers here as well as other members are generous in sharing their knowledge. There are pictures and videos describing what is what and how it is graded. Please read more, best to all, Mike.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to miked for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I voted for Ewasted

He's local enough to me that i only have to drive 3.5 hours with my stuff and not have to pay high shipping costs.

I also met him in person, he was very knowledgeable and pointed out my mistakes in sorting. Even getting me a few more bucks by placing items in the proper box's.

His prices are also very reasonable and i can get a quote prior to arriving, and i don't lose any money in paypal fees like i would with boardsort.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to drozenski for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    I concuor with others here , although the post was not ment to do harm or hurt any ones freelings. it should not be posted. the question is WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE that is an entirely different question then WHO DO YOU SELL TO. I have talked to all of them. I like all of them. they are all helpfull. as of yet I havent used any of them. Personal choices are one thing business choices are another and based on need and desired results not personal feelings. this thread should not have been allowed in my humble opinion. If you have ever been the last person chosen in a choose up ball game you will understand why.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to EcoSafe for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    a much more helpfull thread would be one that states who not to sell to and why, however in a case like that there may well be legal ramifications for the forum, unless all claims can be proven. i.e. the we buy gold scams.

19. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by EcoSafe:

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    I voted for Ewasted, His prices are also very reasonable and i can get a quote prior to arriving, and i don't lose any money in paypal fees like i would with boardsort.
    Boardsort is only about 5 miles away from Ewasted so why would you have to ship compared to driving, look it up on Google maps.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I like the personal interaction i receive from my buyer as well as the instant check/cash. It also gives me an opputunity to see and learn new items he is purchasing, new methods, and new oppurtunities. We have had lunches together several times discussing business including marketing ideas, types of clientell and so forth. My buyer has drove three hundred miles to pick up from my shop, opened up on Saturdays when gold was high and was booked solid all week, and is always only a phone call away to answer any questions as i am always coming across non computer related manufacturing boards. With that said I do use a few different buyers for a few different items.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    From a yard owner looking at some of the posts here...I have learned a few things based on what makes one yard stand out over another.

For anyone who owns or runs a yard.. there are some good things here to pick at.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to easyrecycle for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't like this question and I really question the motives of the original poster. That being said, I will explain my vote for ewasted. He is the only one that I have done business with here for me to make a guess. While Easy and I have talked we can never get our pricing in a way that we both feel like a win. I however can't say that Easy would scam anyone ( I don't believe he would), or that he underpays (I don't know enough about the market to make that statement) or that he is a bad business man (In the limited dealings I have had with him I would find him to be honest).

That being said, Ewasted and I have done some business together and his prices were very competitive, and when I bought something from him that did not meet my specifications, he was easy to get hold of, fast to correct the issue and most important to me, he was quick to make me, the customer, feel like I was getting everything I wanted. He has been an absolute pleasure to work with and I look forward to continuing my business relationship with him for years to come.

Personally, I think these types of polls are good for nothing productive but still I felt compelled to offer my 2 cents.
    Jim Dwyer
    President/Founder High Voltage Processing
    www.highvoltagepro.com
    484-226-9323

25. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Processing for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    my favorite e waste dealer is going to be............whoever offers me 5 bucks a pound for my boards......let the offers start !!!!!!!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    it would be hard to vote unless you've dealt with multiple e-waste buyers from this forum... that being said, i support local business, and cash in hand trumps pay pal. my buyer teaches me while we make money together and individually.
    Steve thanks for the plug since the original poster left us off the poll yet I have had several positive dealings with members of this forum.
    http://www.clrsolutionsnj.com
    recycle@clrsolutionsnj.com
    877-CLR-SOLU
    CLR Solutions is Your Partner in Secure Data Management and IT Asset Disposition

28. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by CLR Solutions:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLR Solutions View Post
    Steve thanks for the plug since the original poster left us off the poll yet I have had several positive dealings with members of this forum.
    Very true. I have done business with you as well. Very positive experience.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to High Voltage Processing for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    To whom this post may have offended......................
    I state again it was not my intent at all. If I would have reversed the post and asked who not to sell to that would have been wrong also.
    I am and will always be amazed at the wealth of knowledge that is here on this forum. I am thankful to all of you who post your information with us all. I thank you to the fullest.
    @ CLR Solutions I apoligize for leaving you out.

I have asked questions and have got answers to most of them and I have read and read and will continue to read.
    No I have never dealt with anyone here on the forums but I choose to do so today. It is a start and I will continue to try to support my fellow forum members who are buyers in good standing.

I have been selling locally here in Gegoria. I feel it is time to branch out a little and sell to others as well. It has taken me two plus years to get my feet wet in the scrap market and I can say that each day is a new day and another day at school as I continue to learn this industry. Again no offense to anyone was intended.
    I thank you all for your comments.
    Mardigras

32. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Computer Scrap Buyer
      By any18 in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: 10-22-2012, 11:58 PM
    2. Looking for an E Scrap Buyer...
      By krimic26 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast