Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where were you on 9/11 ??

| Off Topic Discussions
    Dumpster-Dee started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Where were you on 9/11 ??

I was living in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan...Gladstone to be exact. I was working nights at the time and I didn't have a tv. I don't know why I wasn't listening to the radio on the way to work but I remember wondering why there were lines at the gas stations. Of course my co-workers had the tv on, and I think I sat there in a daze for at least a couple hrs...not caring whether I got fired or not. And I suppose we were all sort of in a daze for a while. It still has an unbelievable "dreamlike" quality to it.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 904 Posts
    I was working for a foot Dr. and had just came in from lunch when a co-worker said ''did you hear about the planes that hit the twin towers?'' and I was like, ''No, I didn't have the radio on.'' We all were in a daze the rest of the day and when I got home I was glued to the tv.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was in my business class in high school. The teacher came in, and had a look on her face like someone just shot up our school. Turned the tv on and it showed the 2nd plane hitting the tower. At first we thought it was a stupid immature hoax or prank. Then my cell started ringing...my dad told me to leave and get home immediately. I think I broke a ton of traffic laws that day/
    George Beale - Founder & President - info@viprecyclingjunkremoval.com
    VIP Recycling Junk Removal LLC - Premier Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers!
    http://www.viprecyclingjunkremoval.com

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    That was back when I was in charge of an assembly line. I just went to the crib for a part for one of the machines when Jane, the lady that ran the crib, asked if I had heard about 2 planes hitting the World Trade Center. I was shocked to say the least. I went back awhile later and she said one had hit the pentagon too. I was glued to the TV in the breakroom all during break. The company extended break to 15 minutes that day instead of our usual 10.

Got home about 4:00 and ended up watching TV until 1:00 in the morning. I know everyone can still remember exactly what they we're doing and where they were when it happened.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    While I live on the west coast of Canada... I rememeber the day too... I was working for a bottle depot (a place in canada where you return your empties) and I was doing my usual bottle sorting to be returned for reuse.... the owners son who was one of the managers came out and said something to the effect of : a plane just flew into the world trade center... was on radio.... so I called my wife (now my ex) and she turned on CNN and I called her thruout the day to get updates....

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    I had just woken up. I got on the computer and was chatting to a few people. One asked if I heard about the plane hitting a building. I figured at that time it was small/private plane that had an accident.

Once I got the full scope of what was happening, I was in a daze. I don't recall what else I did that day.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was at a body shop getting my 1978 camaro out of paint jail.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was in a towtruck dropping off a car in a service bay,there was no one around so I walked into the waiting area and found all the service personel watching tv, got a glimpse of the second plane hitting the tower, was in disbelieve the rest of day.....SHOCKED

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was at work , we were all sent home for 2 days so they could secure the navy yard, like everyone else I was really stunned

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was in first grade, and i cant really remember too much. i do remember coming home and watching the news with my parents trying to draw a picture of the plane and the tower.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Was in my office running blueprints and had the radio on when the news broke. Went next door to the manager's office who had a tv and watched the attack. I also remember no contrails for days after the attack as all airspace was locked down.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts
    I was building a house with a crew of 3. The music stopped on the radio station we were listening to and the AM sister station took over. At that point the 2nd plane had already hit so it was appearent that we were under attack. I'm not sure why, but I just continued working as we listened to the radio, and for the longest time the only words spoken were the numbers being called out to the cutman.
    Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 904 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ir0nman1 View Post
    I also remember no contrails for days after the attack as all airspace was locked down.
    Yep, I remember that too and thinking how quiet the sky was.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    watching cartoons.
    My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    doing a show in east hampton , long island, I actually flew from Boston Logan to fl on the 7th and back on the 9th. any one who has ever flown out of logan would know why men of middle eastern dectent would go un noticed, since 90% ofthe 1000 or so cab drivers there are all middle eastern.
    Last edited by EcoSafe; 09-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I was sitting at my computer working for Disney when a co-worker walked in and said he had heard on the radio while driving to work that a plane had hit the WTC. We went to the breakroom where they had a TV (and cable), and we were watching the news when the 2nd tower got hit. I called my wife who had just dropped off our 3yr old at daycare. We were sort of glued to the TV in the breakroom with quick trips to the computer screen for web updates and some work.

The unemployment rate went from 0% to 10% in Orlando on 9/11 --- because of all the restaurant servers and chefs that got laid off that evening. I found out 4 weeks later that I was being laid off. It was definitely life changing for me.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daw_green_clean View Post
    ....working for Disney .... I found out 4 weeks later that I was being laid off. It was definitely life changing for me.
    So that's why Disney only did repeat shows for a few...

Mind you all I was 12years old when this all happen. If I was 18 or older..I would of joined the army that night/next morning.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    At the doctor's office with my wife and daughter. She was there for a checkup.....They rushed out and turned off all the televisions in the waiting room fearing that the news would upset all the patients.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Had worked a very late shift the night before, so I was still in bed when I got a phone call from a friend telling me what happened...was kinda just dumbfounded. At around 11 am, I left for a 6 hour round trip road trip. Watched gas prices triple in those 6 hours.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by c4f5 View Post
    Had worked a very late shift the night before, so I was still in bed when I got a phone call from a friend telling me what happened...was kinda just dumbfounded. At around 11 am, I left for a 6 hour round trip road trip. Watched gas prices triple in those 6 hours.
    Several gas stations in Fort Wayne, where I lived at the time, received heavy fines for price gouging just after the attacks. A couple of stations had prices above $6 a gallon. Sad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information