What my scrap goes--down stream

| General Electronics Recycling
    easyrecycle started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts

What my scrap goes--down stream

As a post I did somewhere else about e-waste not being taken care of right. I am going to make this post telling everyone what they should of asked/know about how I go about my e-waste. DO not be scared to ask a yard what there down stream looks like!!

My CRT screens go to one of two people. One is a guy here in dallas tx. He will take them apart but leave the glass whole an he will then take the glass to the recycler here that deals with the tubes. He takes care of all the paper work (I check up on that time to time) The other guy is a company that I send them to. He keeps them whole and turns them into tvs and sells them to third world country as both tvs/computer screens, He will only sell to the schools and companies to give them means of cheap computer/tv screens.

My computer guts (motherboards, cd and floppy drives, computer memory, cpus) are all sent to a yard up north that they send to a UK refinery that follow all UK and USA laws per refining.

My computer cases go to the city recycling yard.

My copper wire I send off to the copper refinery that buys my copper.

That's about it if I missed anything I will update this. But I not only bring in alot of scrap but I care about the down stream of that scrap very much. It can go to the wrong person and be refined the WRONG way that can both kill someone and damage our world.

What is done over seas..hits the seas that then hit us. Both by water and the fish we get from the sea.

My company name was Easy Recycle but has since been closed
    My Name Stephan Harz
    My YouTube page

2. The Following 8 Users say Thank You for This Post by easyrecycle:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks for posting that easy. I, for one, sincerely appreciate the info you have chosen to share with us. Some of it is way beyond what you would need to share in order to get our business and it makes me think you really care about our success. You know that everyone isn't going to do business with you, but you share valuable information to everyone anyway. Thanks again.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks for that, Easy. Didnt need to do that, so im sure we all appreciate it.

I actually have some e-scrap stuff, going to attempt to post pictures on here just to get yer opinion on it.

Dawsey is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks for this

Thread Information