Pliny started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Smile hello everybody here ! New from CHINA

hello ,all .This is Pliny ,from Mysteel ,Shanghai China .Our company is a steel info-provider in CHINA. I am resposible for collecting steel scrap informations of the global market .Every year ,China needs 2 import alot of steel scrap from America ,Europe and other countries , a lot of our customers cares the America market much .

Last edited by Mick; 07-21-2011 at 09:26 AM. Reason: deleted advertsing

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    ....it seems that no body welcomes me here ? ..maybe that would be too late .
    Last edited by Pliny; 07-20-2011 at 09:09 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Welcome, you need to at least give people a chance to log on. I dont know what time it is in China, but here on the eastern side of the US its almost 10pm.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 512 Posts
    Sorry i didn't answer you in a timely enough manner Pliny. I really should just sit in front of the computer all day making sure people feel welcome within 40 minutes. Of course it is getting late here in America, but oh well. Staring at a computer all day will surely help my eyesight improve, don't you think? I have about 20 pounds of steel fish hooks, how much will China pay me for that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypoman for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    thx for welcome sir , but we seldom have clients have business with fish hooks,our clients mainly want to import steel scrap products . So that i could not get you that price

Re-cycler is offline Metal Recycling Entrepreneur
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    welcome to scrap metal chat forum.....please no international industrial spam.
    ;?)
    Last edited by Re-cycler; 07-21-2011 at 11:53 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Re-cycler for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Dang Pliny, i got about 3 ton of that their fish hook scrap. Sad that you guys won't buy it.

;-)

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 Times in 953 Posts
    It is considered bad form(manners) to advertise for business in the introduction section. Had you just introduced yourself and said hi, you would have gotten a warm welcome. However it would not have been within 40 minutes. Just letting you know so maybe you will have some success in the future on OTHER forums.

It is nice to see that China is having it's industrial revolution improving the lives of the citizens of that country, but most of us are tired of the horrible stuff that has been dumped in our market as a result of it. Drywall that eats a house from the inside out, baby formula that kills kids, dog food that kills dogs, toys with lead paint, and anything else that breaks in 5 minutes from the start of using it.

Sorry that all just came out in your intro thread, just letting you know that you probably will not get any business from the members here.

/steps off of soap box and grabs another cup of coffee.

Now, if you want to hang out and contribute to our forum, please feel welcome. We like hearing about scrapping in other countries and the prices that people are getting for scrap as well as the success and failure stories that come along with it.

11. The Following 13 Users say Thank You for This Post by parrothead:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I thought you had to be a member of the Scrap room to advertise your business.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CMHN View Post
    I thought you had to be a member of the Scrap room to advertise your business.
    You are correct that the introduction portion is not for advertising. I deleted the portion of the post that I felt was advertising. The remainder seemed appropriate as it is informative rather than advertising. I realize the distinction can be difficult sometimes and I don't claim to be always right. Of course, admin might disagree with me and want to delete more.
    People may laugh at me, but that's ok. I laugh all the way to the bank.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
    I was going to suggest something stronger but then I realized you posted around 630 this am...But by all means.
    Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    hello ,all .This is Pliny ,from Mysteel ,Shanghai China
    Pliny the Elder or Pliny the Younger?

:confused:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    lol Ditchdigger !

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by parrothead View Post
    It is considered bad form(manners) to advertise for business in the introduction section. Had you just introduced yourself and said hi, you would have gotten a warm welcome. However it would not have been within 40 minutes. Just letting you know so maybe you will have some success in the future on OTHER forums.

It is nice to see that China is having it's industrial revolution improving the lives of the citizens of that country, but most of us are tired of the horrible stuff that has been dumped in our market as a result of it. Drywall that eats a house from the inside out, baby formula that kills kids, dog food that kills dogs, toys with lead paint, and anything else that breaks in 5 minutes from the start of using it.

Sorry that all just came out in your intro thread, just letting you know that you probably will not get any business from the members here.

Now, if you want to hang out and contribute to our forum, please feel welcome. We like hearing about scrapping in other countries and the prices that people are getting for scrap as well as the success and failure stories that come along with it.

Well ,sir .self introduction is another kind of advertisement .it just advertise urself and to let the others know u and understand what happened to u ,as for this matter ,i don't think that i have done the wrong thing . I also talked about myself and talk about my business ,i.e. provide scrap steel infoamtions ,and also wanna learn something here ,that is to learn about the oversea scrap markets .Furthur more ,this is not an advertisement ,maybe when i speak myself ,i would speak something about my family about my school ,about my business ,do u think that is ads ?
    And as for what u mentioned the China's industrail revolution , the bad things u have mentioned are also what we donot want to happen ,and it is also the things that i could control ,or maybe i could say that it has nothing to do with me ,I am a Chinese ,but does that mean i should be reposible for all the other CHinese guys who just done the wrong things? It seems that u cared about Chinese news alot ,i know that a lot of people in the USA would chose to use Chinese products ,why ,cuz they r cheap ,and not so bad .A lot of the famous brand or big brand ,such as Versace / Ck /LV or NIKE and many other would chose Chinese to be their producers .Many alot of there famous brand products are made in China ,so is that possible for all the "made in China" are bad .I totally can not agree ur opinion such as "i chose to use this ,but i would not admit it " because that's ur choice ,and choice is a reflection of ur character and nature,if u donot respect ur choice ,that is u donot repect urself ,how could u make the others repect u ?
    SIR ,never judge the others' feet by your shoes .and donot tell the others how to do .cuz ,u r not the god ,and nobody endows the right .
    BUT , i should thank u ,because u tell me something about what u guys think ,this is relly what i have to learn about the difference between CHinese and the others .
    Anyway ,thank u ,maybe i have done the wrong thing ,but that does not mean i would be an illbred .

furthur more .do not tell me that u have never ever and would never use CHINESE products.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pliny for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    maybe the hero .O(∩_∩)O~

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,326 Posts
    The introduction has been made. Please realize the there is likely some loss of meaning when words go through translator software. We have several international members, but few from foreign-language countries. But, I'd welcome Pliny as there is potential for a new market.

This thread is Closed.

21. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. A US guy in China working for a EU scrap yard!
      By USGUYINCN in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 07-04-2013, 03:05 PM
    2. Competing with China
      By Russell in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 09-21-2012, 08:05 PM
    3. Christmas tree light recycling in China
      By hobo finds in forum Dismantling, Breaking Down & Maximizing Scrap
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 12-27-2011, 02:03 PM

Thread Information