Finger Boards

| Scrap Metal Prices
    wtwolf13 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Cool Finger Boards

I have several hundred finger boards, but have yet to turn them in as I am not sure if I need to cut the gold fingers off or not. What to do...what to do. I need, if anyone has it price quotes for finger boards with and without fingers please. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

wtwolf13
    D.R.E.A.M. E-Covery LLC

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Supposedly, they're worth about $9/lb with the fingers on but only $3/lb without. But then again, just the fingers are about $65/lb. Different buyers want it different ways. If you talk to Easyrecycle, he'll buy them
    There's nothing more fun and more effective than hitting something repeatedly with a sledgehammer

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    It's all a matter of weight versus $$. Fingers off boards don't weigh much themselves. So let's do some math!

For example purposes, let's say a board is 10lbs. It takes a lot of fingers to add up to a real pound, so let's say the fingers are about .5lb of that 10 lbs. So we can figure:

Whole: 10lbs x $9 = $90

Broken: 9.5lbs x $3 = $28.5
    .5 lbs x $65 = $32.5
    total = $61

You earn more as whole boards then by taking the fingers off. In this example, the fingers would have to be at least 1/10th the total weight. (Then it would be $92 broken.) I'd imagine you'll make more broken with memory chips, then with other peripheral cards.

Always check prices, weights, and do the math.
    Faith x Needs = Motivation

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    The finger boards I wish where selling for $10 a pound but they are not selling for that.

The deal with finger boards is that they are called finger boards an are of the same grade of server boards (higher grade than desktop motherboards)

Desktop motherboards are worth around $2.70 a pound
    Finger boards are worth $3.10 to $3.40 a pound
    Server boards are worth $3.20 to $3.40 a pound.

So you can send it to me as mixed boards at $3.00 to $3.30 per pound (give or take on the amount you are sending me..the more you send the better the price is.) Or you can send it to me not mixed up. Sometimes its worth mixing...other times not.

If you CUT the fingers off the finger boards then its low grade desktop motherboard..they are then worth $2.80 or so.

Cutting the fingers off is worth it when you look at the weight you can get off the fingers..but not when you count in the labor to do so. An top of that buyers may not want to buy your boards as they can tell you "scrapped" them an then we have to look to see if you took off the pins/chips as well..so you can down grade the whole batch...So if you snap the fingers off....put them in another box..not in the same box with your motherboards or they will be down graded as well.

5. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by easyrecycle:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I hate to contradict another member, but boards, memory boards to be exact close for upwards of $10 /lb every single day on ebay. I sell them all day long. One pound of memory equals about 22-25 memory sticks.

Other boards that qualify as 'finger' boards include PCI, AGP, PCI-E boards like video cards, and other add on boards. Those close usually in the range of $10-$15 /lb. Motherboards can close for the same.

Closed Memory Auctions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dherik for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dherik View Post
    I hate to contradict another member, but boards, memory boards to be exact close for upwards of $10 /lb every single day on ebay. I sell them all day long. One pound of memory equals about 22-25 memory sticks.

Other boards that qualify as 'finger' boards include PCI, AGP, PCI-E boards like video cards, and other add on boards. Those close usually in the range of $10-$15 /lb. Motherboards can close for the same.

Closed Memory Auctions
    Those are memory cards or memory chips. Yes I am paying around $14 a pound give or take.

The "finger boards" are like video cards and or other cards like that. If you can sell them for $10.00 a pound thats awesome. Give me your address I will send you over 5,000 pounds tonight and another 10,000+ some time next month!!!

The PCI cards have better amount of gold but they do not top memory cards. Reason being they have huge amount of chips and gold. There is nothing else on them an the board is VERY thin.

The pci cards have a good amount of metal on them from steel an lead. Both metals are very heavy, If you take the gold fingers off of them then you worth of them drop..You dont get anything for free in this life as we all know...so if you take the "gold" off of it..your taking part of the price from the board as well.

Just so every one knows what I am calling a finger board this is what I am talking about.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...og&sa=N&tab=vi

That is a Google search of "pic cards" in photo section.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to easyrecycle for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I just checked PCI Prices, and it seems they aren't closing as high as they where, but even $3-$5 a pound isn't bad.

I wouldn't recommend trimming your fingers off unless you have an outlet for the remainder of the board.

wtwolf13 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thank you to all who replied to this thread. I really appreciate all of the feedback you have given me thus far. This site is a very helpful tool for me. Thanks once again.

wtwolf13

12. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Sega Genesis Games - Gold finger boards
      By admin in forum E-Waste Grading and Identification
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-11-2023, 02:19 PM
    2. gold finger picture
      By jestrad4 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 12-21-2012, 02:46 PM
    3. trimming finger cards
      By ozzy214 in forum General Electronics Recycling