no matter how big or how small

| General - Let's talk business
    EcoSafe started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts

no matter how big or how small

If we can use a family approach we can all help each other.. We are like a family in that even tho we may not like our brother or sister all that much, when the chips are down we are there by their side. I learned this in 20+ years on the Midways of America, I was an "owner" one who owns rides and games, a carnie is one who operates them. and there is no love lost between the two, for obvious reasions, however, let some one confront an owner or a carnie for what ever reasion and the other group will be at their side in a flash, most of you have probably at one time or another seen this in action.

there are many different classes of salvagers or scrappers. huge, large, big, mediun, small, and then there are those like me, whom I will call SISs (survival income and suplimental income scrappers.

A couple of years back, i was sending 200 cars a year to the crusher, didnt bother to remove starters or alternators or much else. all i could see was the $200 plus per car. didnt give a thought to the SLSs. after a 2 year battle with cancer then heart problems, I have a whole new prospective. I look back from this prospective and wounder, how many could I have helped make a living, by letting others come in and remove those items, at say scrap yard price, take them home and break them down, could I have helped support and feed other families, the answer is, sadly, yes I could have but didn't.

What Im suggesting is instead of hauling intact cars, appliances elec motors, or what ever to the big yards, who sell to brokers, and end up in india or china, why not sell to an SLSs for the same price and let them support them selves, the big yards wont suffer, they will end up with it any way, no one in America will be hurt, we will only be hurting the middle man in india or china. MINIMUM WAGE IS BETTER THEN NO WAGE AT ALL. Just a thought.

2. The Following 8 Users say Thank You for This Post by EcoSafe:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    As a "SIS" I appreciate your warm thoughts, its nice to know there is good people still out there. I am 25 and live in a small town and work for a farmer during seeding and harvest, this is how I take care of mt wife and 2 girls.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Oh that Cash for Clunkers!! Now I am enraged all over again haha.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    olddude, I love the way you think....and I love your kind heart and love for your "neighbor".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dumpster-Dee for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoScrapper View Post
    Oh that Cash for Clunkers!! Now I am enraged all over again haha.
    Oh come on...that program created millions of jobs according to some sources/dreamers.
    Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

EcoSafe started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    please dont tell any one but I set up a program for a large dealership on the clinker thing. I had been in the car bis for years and I knew the paperwork would be a night mare my pay was supposed to be the 48 cars they took in as trades. at the end they handed me a $1400 check and said adi oise. well it served me right. that program ruined the used car market for years to come. by the way if they had given me the cars my take would have been between 8,000 and $12,000. I was blinded to what would happen to the used car market by greed plain and simple. and by the way Jon Lee Nissan panama city FL thanks for the screwin, go ahead take me to court for slander I dare ya I still have the signed contract. sry for the rant folks
    Last edited by EcoSafe; 06-11-2011 at 05:39 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Rant on oldude.....this is a great place to vent.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KZBell View Post
    Oh come on...that program created millions of jobs according to some sources/dreamers.
    Now, that's the best joke I've heard all day

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 512 Posts
    Punch them in the face!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    please dont tell any one but I set up a program for a large dealership on the clinker thing. I had been in the car bis for years and I knew the paperwork would be a night mare my pay was supposed to be the 48 cars they took in as trades. at the end they handed me a $1400 check and said adi oise. well it served me right. that program ruined the used car market for years to come. by the way if they had given me the cars my take would have been between 8,000 and $12,000. I was blinded to what would happen to the used car market by greed plain and simple. and by the way Jon Lee Nissan panama city FL thanks for the screwin, go ahead take me to court for slander I dare ya I still have the signed contract. sry for the rant folks
    Dude, so like do you want me to head down Florida way and pay a wee visit to this dong jon lee and get yer bread for ya huh? I think he may need a tweak'n Real bad. Screw'n with good folks like that, really pisses me off brother. Whew, get'n all warm in here all of a sudden. lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LarryB for This Post:

14. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Broken PC Boards - Does it Matter?
      By martyweil in forum Computer Recycling
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 12-29-2012, 06:49 AM
    2. Small Amount Compared to The Big Boys
      By TrailerScrap in forum Scrap Metal Videos
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: 07-22-2012, 11:49 PM
    3. Replies: 0
      Last Post: 12-10-2010, 04:56 PM
    4. Massachusetts - big or small removal
      By chevy350god in forum Scrap Metal Removal, Junk Car Removal and Metal Recycling Services
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 10-20-2010, 02:40 AM

Thread Information