Is it just me?

| Off Topic Discussions
    KzScrapper started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,792 Times in 2,417 Posts

Is it just me?

Or does Google go out of it's way to change their lettering for most occasions,(even for days you didn't even know exsited) but when it comes to the more patriotic days like Veterens Day or Memorial Day all we get is a little ribbon. God Bless our Troops...Past, Present and Future.

Recyclable Material Merchant Wholesaler
    Certified Zip-Tie Mechanic
    "Give them enough so they can do something with it, but not too much that they won't do nothing."

2. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by KzScrapper:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    yes they definitely do

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 512 Posts
    Google has joined the masses who think it is cliche to stand for anything unless it goes against social mores. Because thats cool and doesn't require them to excerpt any effort or actually be a part of something that really matters.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    I noticed that last night. It pisses me off.

To all veterans, past and present who sacrificed so much so that we all can be free.

Thank You.

6. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by IdahoScrapper:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts
    I am stand by our army all the way. I will say maybe google did something simple and small and did not want to go "all out" because when they do it looks funny or this or that.

Memorial Day is not a joke an I don't mind that they did not go all out an make it look goofy. What they should of done was change every ones background to a photo to show support!

Just my thoughts.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Considering how many times I have to wonder what the occasion is because they've done something theme-oriented for some obscure reason, (and I'm sure they have the talent and resources to come up with something appropriate and tasteful, but that makes a statement about what we're honoring today), I have to say, yeah, today's page is quite a disappointment.

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    Memorial day is not really about the veterans(I am one) there is Veterans day for that. Memorial day is for all our family and friends that have passed on. No offense intended.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Memorial day is not really about the veterans(I am one) there is Veterans day for that. Memorial day is for all our family and friends that have passed on. No offense intended.
    First, thanks for your service. (I've become old enough and hopefully wise enough to realize that we shouldn't be thankful to our veterans only on a particular day in November.)

The roots of Memorial Day are in honoring those who gave their lives in the Civil War, but it's extended beyond that. My feeling is that it's always been about honoring those in the military who made the ultimate sacrifice on our behalf (those will never be able to enjoy Veterans Day), and not necessarily anybody else. (But the nice thing about America is that we're free to have different points of view...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    This is kind of a tender subject for me, as just yesterday, on Memorial Day, we shipped our daughter off for basic, so I'll keep my comment brief. I am proud of the choice she made, but all f**cked up inside too. Memorial day has always been about honoring and remembering those who fell in service. A day to give thaks to those who gave all. So a big thank you to all of our tropps, fallen and standing, past, present & from tomorrow!

Thread Information