Gold

| General - Let's talk business
    easyrecycle started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 518 Posts

Gold

Just want to know. How many of ya'll invest into gold? Do you buy gold as scrap or do you buy and sell it online - gold stocks?

I don't buy gold scrap as of yet as I see it as a risk but I do buy and sell gold stocks online alot.

Just want to pick ya'lls mind on that.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    This is my Why. I scrap to create gold (and in my case more often) silver money. Actually, I found this forum through another forum dedicated to precious and base metals.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Gold seems pretty big time to me. I don't do the stocks and certainly don't have to balls to buy or sell it online. Too much risk for me.

That said, I like it cause it's shiny, and I love treasure hunting. I know to buy low and sell high. I look for it at yard sales and thrift stores, and then sell to reputable local gold exchange when I get a little pile. I don't keep much around. That's about my speed investing in the gold department.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Despite the fact that I am involved in e-scrap I do not invest in gold. We do have money with an investment firm planning for our retirement but thus far we have not ventured out into the gold buying market.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerScrapper View Post
    Despite the fact that I am involved in e-scrap I do not invest in gold. We do have money with an investment firm planning for our retirement but thus far we have not ventured out into the gold buying market.
    I would think you would be a investor of gold. Being in the e-scrap line of work that is one of the main metals we refine.

I know of a site that would be good to invest on but dont want to spam websites on the forum If you want a link ask me in a pm.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I don't think much about "investing" in gold. It's mostly a scam (esp. buying bullion as you won't get your full purchase price out of scrap). Gold is mainly used as a hedge in uncertain economic times to hold value, which is why it's so high right now.

I see the world economy improving on the whole (although it sure is having fits and starts isn't it?) and expect the price of gold and silver to go back down.

The only gold I deal with is scrap metal. I am pulling and saving all the electronic boards I run across. I also find alot of gold at yard sales for almost nothing (how can so many people not know what "14K" means?)

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fiat128 View Post
    I don't think much about "investing" in gold. It's mostly a scam (esp. buying bullion as you won't get your full purchase price out of scrap). Gold is mainly used as a hedge in uncertain economic times to hold value, which is why it's so high right now.

I see the world economy improving on the whole (although it sure is having fits and starts isn't it?) and expect the price of gold and silver to go back down.

The only gold I deal with is scrap metal. I am pulling and saving all the electronic boards I run across. I also find alot of gold at yard sales for almost nothing (how can so many people not know what "14K" means?)
    SHHHH don't tell people about mining gold at yard sales!!!!

And dude you sell your gold at the wrong place. I sell my 99.99% pure gold at 100% spot price =-D

8. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. im not looking at gold am i?
      By sars101 in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 10-06-2012, 07:09 PM
    2. How Much Gold is in an Olympic Gold Medal?
      By jbravo54 in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Last Post: 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM
    3. Still looking for the gold.
      By erewen in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
    4. Gold!
      By Ewasted in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Last Post: 07-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Thread Information