Repurposer started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

What's going on this evening after a good day of scrapping.

I am sitting here blogging on this site while jambing to Metallica's new CD and some new Volbeat. I had something cool happen today. A big appliance place I hauled from was for whatever reason tossing out some new counter top microwaves and had set five of them new in the boxes out by the dumpster. I thought it was a pile of empty boxes until looking closer. I was loading up some scrap appliances they gave me so I asked the man about the Microwaves. He said if I can use them have at it. He said they were going to put them on the free listing on Craigslist. That would have been a stampede to get there first. He did not have to tell me twice. Five free brand new white Frigidaire counter top micro waves with the inside pieces still in foam. Heck of a score given what I later sold the scrap for. I ended up giving three of them to family members right off. Told them Merry Chritmas a bit early.

Last edited by Repurposer; 10-20-2016 at 11:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Repurposer:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Lifting weights...mind you they come in packs of 12.

It's a tough job, but I do it for you all.

Your welcome.

An nice score~!

Sirscrapalot - I cant pinsatu ch'è tù ti d'ottene una surpresa, s'è vo figura stu out..got connais!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,419 Times in 676 Posts
    Thursday was a good day. Warm and sunny, but not hot. Pretty good working conditions. The big thing on my mind these days is that it's time to get ready for winter. I see the signs in the natural world around me. The trees have turned their autumn colors and are dropping their leaves. It's starting to cool off and the nights are down in the 30's & 40's. The critters that live in the woods behind my house know too. They're eating like crazy to put on enough fat to carry them through the lean times when the whole world becomes a frozen wasteland. The squirrels have been squirreling away their acorns now that the oak trees are dropping their nuts. The deer are are out chowing down on apples and acorns. The wild turkeys are coming through a couple of times a day to feast on all of the little insects in the lawn.

I've got nothing against hunting, but i prefer to just leave the neighbors be. Was going to do a final mowing of the lawn before the first snow but had to re-think that. It's their food source. I guess it can wait till next spring. There are plenty of other things that need to be done.

We seem to have an understanding .... they don't bother me and i don't bother them. They aren't shy about coming out while i'm working in the yard. I'll be lost in whatever i'm doing at the moment. When i pause to look up they will be right there about twenty feet away munching on whatever is available.

Thursday was a little sad. I've been needing to build a utility trailer to mount one of my generators on for awhile now. Went out to look over the junk metals pile first thing in the morning and just about everything that i would need to build one with was right there. Looked up and the turkeys were within a few feet of the shop. There weren't as many in the flock though. Last week i counted thirteen and they were down to ten now. I started working and a few hours later made a run out to the hardware store for welding rods. On the way back home one of the hens was standing by the side of the road next to one of the smaller ones that had been hit by a passing car. I pulled over to check it out and and she went off into the woods. She sounded so sad .... it makes you wonder if it was one of her little ones. I guess it's just the way of things. It's a hard old world. I have to wonder how many of them will survive the winter.

Anyway ... worked on the trailer till dark. Got cleaned up and had some dinner with my wife. Afterward, it was a couple of hours of watching The Walking Dead on Netflix. It's a good story and something we both enjoy doing together. By 9:00 P.M. we were both getting sleepy and it was off to bed. Back up at 4:30 A.M. this morning, the first cup of coffee, and a bit of SMF till dawn breaks.

It's a day in the life.

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Good evening fellow scrappers.
      By NihilObstat in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 09-07-2015, 10:08 AM
    2. Replies: 49
      Last Post: 02-19-2015, 09:44 AM
    3. Good evening, new member here
      By Jonn in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM