Bless her soul!!

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
    DakotaRog started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,675 Times in 830 Posts

Bless her soul!!

I was gone the last week of March through April 2 out at a work meeting in the Bay area of Cali. I get home and the wifey had cleaned up my area of the garage. WoW, how clean it looks, my bench hasn't been cleared like that in probably 2 years. I've just sort of getting back into things so still need to 1) find all my tools, 2) find all my bins of various scrap, and 3) how much scrap is gone (I know at least a couple of non scrapped out tvs are gone). My freshman put up a shelf high on the back wall and put up some deer racks I've just had laying around in a box for years. Looks nice.

I wonder what she'll say if I bring back the rear-projection Mitsubishi tv that I checked out at an apartment building's dumpster on the way home from work tonight ...

some leftover stuff from warm season curbco last year.

2. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by DakotaRog:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    this is sometimes very difficult to accept- the women make things look neater etc- no doubt
    but they dont understand or dont want to understand that when it comes to scrap, u have to keep all of one kind of metal together

they tend to put things where they look best/neatest- not where its most practical.
    so although your work area might look better now, it does mean everything is arranged in the most practical/sensible way

still- tell her u appreciate her efforts & give her a big kiss.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    From time to time my wife will clean up and organize my stuff and I not be able to find much of what I want or need. I end up pulling apart the neatly stacked boxes only to find the good stuff in the bottom box, sometimes never to be found. Her idea of cleaned up is vastly different than mine.

This is the only place I complain about it. At home its just thank you Hon. 73, Mike
    "Profit begins when you buy NOT when you sell." {quote passed down to me from a wise man}

Now go beat the copper out of something, Miked

5. The Following 6 Users say Thank You for This Post by miked:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 941 Posts
    I can't organize the shop or the boy will find all my good tools
    place looks god Rog
    There ain't nothing wrong with an honest days work. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.- Old Man

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Man, that's pretty cool. My bride never touches my work bench or shop. She just knows not to touch stuff. It may look like a disaster but, I know where everything is(most of the time). My only problem is that my tool or a part could be in the garage or in the shop. So, I have two places to look. That can be frustrating to run back and forth. Thanks for posting Rog!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I totally feel you guys. I'm the "random organizatiinal" type. It may look like hell, but I know where every last little thing is. Even if it's been in a box for the last 4 years, I know exactly where something is but god forbid somebody (mainly the wife) move it, my while system is messed up and it'll take me a good while to find it again. They mean well and if it allows us to keep scrapping, we can't complain too much. But darn it if I didn't just see "that" yesterday or last week, or 3 years ago.... Lol.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Looks neat. But now you will be searching for your cordless battery charger for a week.

10. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. when evil takes over one's soul...
      By DakotaRog in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 09-23-2015, 09:03 AM

Thread Information