Looking for a new CRT glass processor

| TV and Monitor Recycling
    Iearnit started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Looking for a new CRT glass processor

I am trying to find another vendor for our crt's. We can send them in complete or just the tube, palletized or in gaylord boxes. Looking for someplace "close" to Omaha, NE. It would be nice to be able to drop these off ourselves so we do not have to pay for freight. I have done some research and found a couple places - just looking for a recommendation.

Another recycling company around us went out of business, and our volume is picking up on CRT's.

Any help would be appreciated.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    You may want to hold off on accepting anything until you find someone. A lot of CRT companies have gone out of business. In fact you may want to try and find multiple companies going forward so "all your eggs are not in one basket". Hope you find some one and keep the site updated if you do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to junksable for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by junksable View Post
    You may want to hold off on accepting anything until you find someone. A lot of CRT companies have gone out of business. In fact you may want to try and find multiple companies going forward so "all your eggs are not in one basket". Hope you find some one and keep the site updated if you do.
    That is exactly what we are trying to do... I send as many residential customers as I can to Best Buy, I am definitely not taking CRT's for the money. I just want to be fair to business customers and at least break even on this part our our recycling stream.

I would like to have at least three companies, that way we are never without one hopefully. Shipping is not a deal breaker. I want to have all my bases covered and make sure they are being taken care of properly.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Found a couple. I was unable to get a hold of NuLife - I tried calling them 6 times and that was enough for me. I have heard rumors that they might be having troubles...

If you break down TV's yourself I would go with Doe Run CRT Recycling in MO. They have been in the business for approximately 20 years. They want just the tubes shipped to them, not complete tv's or monitors. Palletized or in gaylord boxes. The cost they quoted me was .13 / pound. There minimum was 10,000lbs.

If you want to ship the out complete - COM2 Recycling just outside of Chicago, IL. They except complete TV's and Monitors starting @ .15 / pound for Complete units w/ cord.

Both companies allow for Net 30 billing with credit app / or payment by credit card. Using a 0% credit card would be the way to go!

Both prices seem very reasonable to me - taking into consideration the time you save sending out large loads at a time.

Crt recycling costs money, but the peace of mind that you are doing the right thing and taking care of your customers is priceless!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    You may need to check about Doe Run, last I heard they had years worth of back log to process.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iearnit View Post
    Found a couple. I was unable to get a hold of NuLife - I tried calling them 6 times and that was enough for me. I have heard rumors that they might be having troubles...
    You can't actually call them, you need to email the guy listed on their website as their a private company(I mean like spy-level private). Last I heard they were charging $0.11/lb.

The Foxy E-Scrapper
    Buy/Sell Thread: http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/scrap...ents-more.html

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bajacoop View Post
    You may need to check about Doe Run, last I heard they had years worth of back log to process.
    With CRT volume increasing, won't this be inevitable with almost any refiner eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by logansryche View Post
    You can't actually call them, you need to email the guy listed on their website as their a private company(I mean like spy-level private). Last I heard they were charging $0.11/lb.
    I will send an email, thanks. I was not trying to out them down by any means. It just seemed like they were "dodging" providing me with information.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I know - it took a few days to get a response out of them but it was explained to me that their facility itself does not allow drop offs and has to go through a contract process as their interested in volume. I'll have to dig back through my email for the guy I spoke to and his email address if you're interested.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by logansryche View Post
    I know - it took a few days to get a response out of them but it was explained to me that their facility itself does not allow drop offs and has to go through a contract process as their interested in volume. I'll have to dig back through my email for the guy I spoke to and his email address if you're interested.
    Definitely - Thank You

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

12. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Ace:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iearnit View Post
    Definitely - Thank You
    Emailed it to you out of discretion. Good luck to ya.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I have a question for you guys.

I found a local business that I trust that will take them at .30/lb no matter what I remove.

Most of the out of state companies that I talked to have quoted me average .15 whole to .30 with missing components. These would have to be shipped out freight on top of that 550 miles away.

Would you go with the local company or ship them out? Have about box truck full, maybe 100 tvs at .

15. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. IC chip or processor?
      By jimicrk in forum E-Waste Grading and Identification
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 09-17-2014, 01:01 AM
    2. Server Processor
      By Abshere in forum Computer Recycling
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 12-22-2013, 01:31 AM
    3. Sun Ultrasparc IIe Processor
      By ScrappinRed in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 21