First Big Score

| Computer Recycling
    Blue414 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

First Big Score

OK before I start I know yall want pics. I just gotta learn how to post them (sorry). I responded to a Clist add for 150 towers where they were asking for an offer. I knew they wanted more than I could pay so I simply shot them an email and told them what I do and if they had to sit on the towers for to long and wanted me to make an offer to call. Not even 5 miniutes later I get a response saying call me asap!! (sweet) This guy tells me he has 113 towers numerous laptops and other "stuff". He shot me some pics and now here is where I would like yall .02. I did have to pay for this and I think i did well but always like another business minded opinion.

113 towers-240.00=2.12 ea
    unknown # of laptops if they are complete 2,70 ea

Have to meet with him to see the "stuff" anyway whats your .02. I want to grow and one day my own business and pray that I can grow this into another form of income that will be somewhat consistiant. I respect most of the opinions I have read from many of you in the past and look foreward to any advice that may come from this posting.

2. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Blue414:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I haven't dealt with anything that big yet but I know from reading posts that if you are paying for towers or laptops to make sure you check for "completeness" and deduct a set amount for each missing component ie. ram, HDD, etc.
    METAL IS MY MISTRESS...PLEASE DON'T TELL MY WIFE!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdmiralAluminum for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,532 Times in 704 Posts
    If these are complete and or contain more than scrap value items, you should do ok. Be sure to look into shipping pallet quantities as this will significantly lower your costs.

Blue414 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomasdev View Post
    If these are complete and or contain more than scrap value items, you should do ok. Be sure to look into shipping pallet quantities as this will significantly lower your costs.
    most of these dont have the HD's so I did not plan on trying to invest on selling them. Im a good scrapper but selling some of this stuff just seems like a waste when ebay has 5000 items under the same part number. I am stoked though cause I can sell everything but the RAM and the Processors localy. Just found a buyer on here for the processors @ 2.00 ea and there is about 70 or so of these in the lot. Thanks

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If you don't feel comfortable testing the RAM for resale, contact a buyer for anything DDR2 or newer and let them test it - you will either get scrap price or higher, and it's easy to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue414 View Post
    most of these dont have the HD's so I did not plan on trying to invest on selling them. Im a good scrapper but selling some of this stuff just seems like a waste when ebay has 5000 items under the same part number. I am stoked though cause I can sell everything but the RAM and the Processors localy. Just found a buyer on here for the processors @ 2.00 ea and there is about 70 or so of these in the lot. Thanks

8. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. score
      By hunterandscrapper in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM
    2. this thread has pictures - New Score
      By Ace in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: 04-22-2014, 10:50 PM
    3. Very possible very big score!
      By mudlight2 in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 12