PickerBenny started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Cool Scrapping the Suburbs - Spring Clean-Up Week!

I just couldn't resist. It's been a long winter and I was eager to go back to what I do best, scrapping the suburbs! This last Sunday was our "Big Clean-up Week" where people were allowed to place large items out for trash night. The weather was fantastic and so was the scrapping! I only put in $20 in the tank and away I went. Got up at around 7:30 and was on the road with a coffee and a bagel from the gas station. I must have been the first one out, picking up 3 grills in a row at 3 houses (2/3 were steel lids, urgh but still picked em up!) Then I picked up 3 bikes that needed air in the tires, then I found more and more metal. I also found a few mowers, which is the main reason why I went out anyways.

Couple things I found that i'm keeping is a 1960's Jaguar 3 speed thin-tire bike that is in great shape and works great, a scott's lawn mower (the old school kind w/o an engine,) that still cuts grass fine, and a yamaha keyboard that needed a plug adapter. and a FULL can of propane on one of the grills! So worth the $20 I invested!

I also tried something new, I would load up my truck (basic stuff like grills and misc metal) and I would offer to trade my metal for lawn mowers that other scrappers have picked up. First of all that helped me get metal out of my truck lol and the scrappers i'd trade with would double their weight for that one lawnmower i'd trade for. For example, i traded a grill for a 3.5 briggs lawnmower. The lawnmwower had bad gas, swtiched out the gas, and ran perfectly. sold it on craigslist the next day for $75.

So my question to you is, if i offered to trade with you on curb-co, giving you the advantage of doubling your weight, would you?

Watch my scrapping videos on YouTube! Like, Subscribe & Comment! Videos Daily!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFF...V2NnBiOukrn6Mg

2. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by PickerBenny:

3. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Spring Clean-up
      By KzScrapper in forum Scrap Metal Spots
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 12-20-2013, 10:18 AM
    2. Spring Clean Up 2013
      By KzScrapper in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
    3. My haul last spring cleanup week
      By jimmybay in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 02-15-2013, 11:11 AM
    4. City Spring Clean-Ups are on the way!
      By elitelawnteam1 in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: 01-17-2013, 09:54 AM
    5. I love spring clean up.
      By vamped400 in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 03-20-2011, 10:17 PM

Thread Information