Poacher

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
    Mick started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,326 Posts

Poacher

Ran a route of auto repair shops this morning. First one I stop at usually has 20-30 brake rotors. He's also got a scrap barrel (275 gal fuel oil barrel cut in half) outside overflowing with exhaust systems, wheels etc that we'd let go until the snow melted so I could get to it.

Stopped today and he asked how I was doing since being in the hospital. "HUH?" "How's your shoulder?" "HUH?" Come to find out, some young guy had stopped by and said he was there to pick up their rotors. The owner told him they had somebody who came by and bought their stuff. Guy said "That's my Dad and I'm doing his route for him since he's in the hospital for shoulder surgery". They sold him the rotors and he asked if they wanted to get rid of the stuff in the barrel outside. He got about 5-600 pounds of #1 Iron that he just took without paying anything, in addition to the rotors.

Didn't make my day.

People may laugh at me, but that's ok. I laugh all the way to the bank.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,067 Times in 953 Posts
    Wow. Interesting to say the least.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    I wouldn't doubt it Kris Kringle. That's why I try to limit how much info I give out.

That truly chaps my hide Mick. Some people are such trash. For the future you might let your route know that you and only you (or an authorized person) will be picking up scrap. If he did it at one, he may try at others.

Mick started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoScrapper View Post
    I wouldn't doubt it Kris Kringle. That's why I try to limit how much info I give out.

That truly chaps my hide Mick. Some people are such trash. For the future you might let your route know that you and only you (or an authorized person) will be picking up scrap. If he did it at one, he may try at others.
    I'm kind of wondering. Another shop where I usually get quite a bit only had a couple pieces today. Maybe just coincidence, though. There, I just pick up the stuff without talking to anybody if customers are around. The owner was was busy today so might have a talk with him next time.

Thread Information