I have hit upon the mother load for TVs and electronics. Or have I? I used to pick up TVs and CRT monitors and the like when I found them but sparingly for lack of a place to dispose of the CRTs. Then I heard GoodWill would take them so I grabbed a few more over the course of a few months and gradually unloaded my stock of a dozen or so leftovers between a couple of Goodwill locations. Then a friend tells me that all I have to do is bring my TVs and electronics to the county yardwaste landfill and they have a dumpster there specifically for electronics. I brought in a few and lo and behold I find a huge walk in dumpster full of TVs, AC's, Monitors, CPUs etc (mainly TVs though) The vast majority of them have the cords which tells me they have not been scrapped.

The problem is I don't know if they will allow me to take them, rip them down, and then return them. Personally I don't see why not but maybe they are selling them to a scrapper down the line and they wouldn't take kindly to all their scrap being prescrapped if you know what I mean. Maybe they would have a problem with liability issues. Who knows.

I know All I need to do is ask but what I am afraid of is that if I make my intentions known they will realize that the TVs I am bringing in are all scrap and they might put an end to it. This place is less than a mile from my house and only open for about 3 hours twice a week and all day on Saturday. I'd love to be able to back up, unload a bunch of garbage and load up with a load of scrappable stuff only to return itthe next week and repeat the process but I'm a little leery and I don't know if the old geezer who monitors it would go for it. Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess. Maybe I'll stop by this week during one of their short hour days.