DSAP started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Help me identify these car cd player boards, and these ribbon cable looking pieces

The board on the far left is out of a Mustang Mach 460 Amp, it obviously looks as low grade as it gets, but what about the others from a Mach 460 cd player? When sending boards in, do you generally leave the LCD type piece on the back of the board from the cd player face?

Also need help on these cables from cd players, the ends look silverish on some, goldish or copper on others? What bucket do I throw this stuff in, if not the trash?

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    As a local buyer I will chime in to help you, but first I disclose this... If you have a guy on here you sell to ask him first as his answer may be different from mine.

1.Top picture starting from the very top of the picture moving clockwise...
    Mid Grade - (Top Board) Green on both sides, presence of IC chips; Leave as is...
    Low Grade - (All three small boards and board in middle) Brown on one side, no ic chips, nothing really there to recover of value; Leave as is...
    Low Grade - (Bottom board with black on one side) Not green on both sides, plastic covering, presence of buttons. It's low grade as is or you can remove the LCD display, either way it stays low grade. IF it would have been green on both sides you could've removed the LCD display for an upgrade to midgrade.
    Low grade - (Board on left side) It's not as cheap as you think but because it's not true green on both sides don't risk a deduction. It's better than the three boards on the right side.

Plastic ribbon wire - This may be good to some guy somewhere but I have yet to find that guy. A lot of us will save it in a bucket in case they meet that guy one day but for me, it's plastic and gets treated as other plastics.

The last picture is different. It was flashed gold. We see this quite a bit on the contacts of printers where the ink cartridge meets the printer. These contacts are the point of communication between cartridge and printer. I don't know of a buyer yet but there is someone saving them for an experimental run and we are saving ours pending the results of this test run. May be trash in a month, but I got the room to save them so I have chosen to do so.

Going forward, if you don't mind, maybe take a single picture of each item instead of grouping them and giving each pic a number that way we can refer back to the number when we try to help you instead of "(All three small boards and board in middle)"
    Jeremy Burrage - Founder & CEO
    Electrowaste Recycling LLC, Guntersville, AL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elect...31655806922157

3. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Electrowaste:

DSAP started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks! Yes, I need to organize pics better. So even though the left most upper board is worth more than the three little ones with the plastic on the back, it's still probably gonna price the same?

Sucks about the plastic cable, figured it might have some value, then again, wasnt but a few years ago almost none of this stuff had mass amounts of buyers either.

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Ribbon Cable
      By ron22 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 10-28-2012, 02:11 AM
    2. Identify these boards
      By Premiercorerecycling in forum E-Waste Grading and Identification
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 10-02-2012, 01:49 AM

Thread Information