src3collector started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

DFW - Need to get rid of large fridge and a/c unit possibly other items in the future

Currently I have an old sub-zero fridge and a large trane commercial air conditioner unit I need to get rid of. I prefer to focus on escrap mainly and although I would love to scrap these large items myself I just don't have the time or the space for it. I purchase a lot of auction lots and I'm constantly getting items that I just need to get rid of and wouldn't mind making a connection with someone as a go to when I get these types of items that I can't do anything with. I currently also have ALOT of printers and monitors that I haven't decided what I'm going to do with. At the moment I plan to probably sell them off in lots and scrap the ones I can't sell, but that's an example of some of the items I have stored up. I'm in the Little Elm area (about halfway between Mckinney and Denton). Let me know if you're interested. I do have pics of the a/c unit and fridge if needed. I doubt either of these are repairable. This fridge is VERY HEAVY, and almost broke my father-in-laws hand when it fell over while we were trying to move it. It's an old style sub-zero with the actual cooler unit sitting on top of the fridge.

Forgot to add my contact info. You can email me at chris@luckypennytexas.com or text me at 214-771-6507.

Thanks

Last edited by src3collector; 04-05-2014 at 09:36 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 857 Posts
    I'll bet that you're that Bidder # 35440 on Rene Bates that always bids the pallet lot computer stuff higher than I can profit on it scrapping...

You might try contacting Britnee at FMI Recycling 2929 Glenfield Oak Cliff. Britnee@fmirecycling.com

They buy printers for .03#, so maybe if you're heading that way anyway, or can make a HUGE load, it'll be worth your while to haul them... or perhaps they'd come get stuff if you have enough.
    Out of clutter, find simplicity. --Albert Einstein

src3collector started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Haha, nope, not me, but thanks for the tip, I haven't heard of rene bates before, gotta go check it out. These printers I got was an even better deal...FREE! I used to be in the insurance and collision business and was talking to the manager at a large insurance company I dealt with and was telling him about how I won an auction for $10 and sent out most of it to ewasted here and got a check back for almost $700. Because of that story he asked me if I knew where he could get rid of this big pile of printers and other electronics. Of course I said I would be more than happy to get rid of it all for him! That paid out pretty good so far, in the pile were several cases of brand new 3.5" blank computer discs, sold most of those on ebay for almost $300. I haven't tested any of the printers yet but he told me most of them work, they just upgraded them.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll check that place out. So far most of my scrapping has been escrap and shipping stuff out so I haven't dealt with any local yards yet. Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting rid of the fridge and a/c unit as I really need the space.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    If i only lived in texas.. :/

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 857 Posts
    If you're shipping your boards, you might want to pay FMI a visit with a few bins of stuff & do the math. I've found I net out more taking a sizeable load down there from Allen than I would shipping to our forum buyers.

At least for circuit boards. RAM & CPUs I still ship to PTS in Colorado.

6. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Thoughts on having a storage unit for my scrap and items I will sell...
      By alekwb in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 04-04-2014, 09:39 PM
    2. This is a how-to thread - Transporting Large Items
      By Scrap808 in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 03-12-2014, 05:39 PM
    3. Possibly my first real score from my cl ad
      By MattInTheHat in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 12-19-2012, 07:36 AM
    4. One mother load and possibly another...
      By drewan in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-05-2012, 05:16 PM
    5. Ripped off in Liverpool. Possibly.
      By JacksDaddy in forum Scrap Metal Prices
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM

Thread Information