independentpfc started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Sold my first items on E-bay

I had 64 Pentium pro processors and sold them on E-bay. I was very exited about it until I signed in to check on the payment they are holding my payment for up to twenty days because it's my first time selling..... Do they really take that long to pay?

2. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by independentpfc:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 514 Posts
    Signature Confirmation ONLY needed for items TOTAL Price of $250.00 and greater
    $249.99 and lower TOTAL Price only needs Delivery Confirmation

If you print your labels thru eBay all that information is prefilled

4. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by JohnC4X4:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    well with a payday that nice it will give the time at least to choose what to spend your money on

6. The Following User Says Thank You to travistemple202020 for This Post:

independentpfc started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thank you all, I will do that next time I sent it next day air on FedEx I hope I hear something tomorrow afternoon.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Welcome to the world of eBay. Dot your I's, Cross your t's, an CYA. A bit of experience in hoop jumping will help also.

No anti ebay rant fellas, don't worry.

Good luck to ya OP, I wish you continued success.

Sirscrapalot - My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake. - Aristole

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    If I was going to ship 64 Pentium Pro processors ANYWHERE, I'd definitely be using a signature delivery
    WHY would you waste the money for SC if the TOTAL Price was $249.99 USD or less?
    Delivery Confirmation provides the needed protection if the TOTAL Price was $249.99 USD or less.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnC4X4 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    also apply for the paypal debit card. once the money clears you can spend it on your debit card. It takes them 3/4 days to transfer funds to your bank.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Welcome to eBay! Ha!

After you establish yourself there, (after like 10-20 reps and a month goes by?) they'll remove the restriction.

Also, after they leave you positive feedback for the purchase they will issue the funds to you sooner.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wavecrazed View Post
    also apply for the paypal debit card. once the money clears you can spend it on your debit card. It takes them 3/4 days to transfer funds to your bank.
    If its over $300 it gets transfered in mins I think that it's how out worked with me been awhile since I had that much in pay pal lol.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 583 Posts
    nope...I do a TON of Ebay business...takes about 3 business days to get you money transferred. Get a paypal debit card and go INSIDE the bank. Ask to take money off your card (this will save you tyhe $3 fee they charge if you use the ATM). Limit is $400/day...when I am selling alot of smart phones I have to go up there like EVERY DAY to keep the cash flowing LOL. I go in and they already know what I am there for....

Good luck my man. I use Ebay like a CHAMP and have made alot of money on there.
    PROFIT is made when you BUY/ACQUIRE NOT when you sell

15. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by webuyselltradestuff:

SMF Badges of Honor

We purchase laptop computers and many components for greater than scrap value. We offer a shipping reimbursement program.replies

Thanks
    Thanked 3,204 Times in 1,450 Posts
    I think this thread is kind of old and already resolved, but a few tips:

PayPal will let you transfer $600 to your bank account monthly. Their months are based on when you signed up, though. So, your "month" may end on the 17th. If you have less than $1200 to transfer, you can use that to your advantage.

eBay will lift the selling limits after a few sales. You'll be able to sell around 250 items per month. If you're larger than that, you'll need to talk with them. They'll raise your limits. They just don't wnat you to jump straight into the deep end of the pool.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    well, after reading everything I don't think anyone answered his real question.

Your payment is sitting there as "pending" and will be released to you as soon as your buyer leaves you a positive feedback, or the time runs out without them opening a claim on the transaction. Hopefully, they get it in and leave you a positive feedback immediately, then you can transfer your money.

After you have been established as a seller, recording 10 successful transactions and either 30 or even 90 days (yes I have heard it takes 90 days sometimes, think it depends on the categories you are listing in, if you are selling silver, gold, electronics.. etc.), you will be able to transfer your money immediately upon payment.
    Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana - Bill Gates

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matador View Post

PayPal will let you transfer $600 to your bank account monthly.
    Are you sure about that number?
    I transfer at least a thousand every time I do it >> Most times I just spend it using my PayPal debit card. I use it as a credit card and pay most of my bills online and then Ca$H back for using the money that way

I see that applies to new people >> You can lift this limit by linking and confirming your bank account or verifying your credit or debit card information.

For security reasons, there are initial limits on the amount of money you can withdraw from your PayPal account each month. Until you complete the steps to remove the limit, you may only be able to withdraw $500.00 per month. The start of a month is determined by when the PayPal account was opened (for example, May 15 to June 15).

You can lift this limit by linking and confirming your bank account or verifying your credit or debit card information.

Here's how you can view and lift your withdrawal limit.
    1. Log in to your PayPal account.
    2. Click the Business Profile icon beside "Log Out" and complete your To-do list.
    Last edited by JohnC4X4; 12-08-2014 at 03:56 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phred59 View Post

Your payment is sitting there as "pending" and will be released to you as soon as your buyer leaves you a positive feedback,
    Feedback being left by the Buyer no longer is in the equation
    Too many Sellers were asking Buyers to leave Feed Back before they even shipped the item so PayPal did away with that
    To have the funds released they need to have DC showing DELIVERED OR the 21 days have passed

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Sold my first items on E-bay

There is no limit on withdrawls from paypal to your bank. There is a daily spending limit on the paypal debit card, I think it is 3500.00. The dumbest thing is that there is a daily atm withdrawl limit of 400.00.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,284 Times in 583 Posts
    the $400 a day ATM withdrawl is apparently NOT paypal's fault....my bank reminded me those limits are on ALL VI/MC cards to prevent fraud and things like people forcing you to clean out your bank accounts...a "safety" measure. And you can get limits raised for withdrawls to your bank....you just have to TALK to Paypal. They do that to prevent money laundering, drug deals and any number of other issues that would jeopardize their business including being able to have VI/MC, accept those etc.

Just thought I would put that out there....it is annoying, but part of the deal.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnEwaste View Post
    There is no limit on withdrawls from paypal to your bank.
    As matador had pointed out there IS a limit for Newbies >> For security reasons, there are initial limits on the amount of money you can withdraw from your PayPal account each month. Until you complete the steps to remove the limit, you may only be able to withdraw $500.00 per month.

23. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Hello from the bay area
      By tonynguyen in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 04-10-2013, 10:49 AM
    2. e bay
      By Copper Head in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM
    3. e bay co-op
      By EcoSafe in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 24