Some Odd Boards

| Vintage Electronics
    cmgscrap started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Some Odd Boards

Hi All,

Here are a few boards I got out of some random defunct electronics. Any input on these would be appreciated. None of them seem too amazing but I thought I would share the results of opening up some random objects. FYI this is my first attempt at pictures so if they don't work I will try to fix it.

Here is a board out of a defunct Nintendo 64 game. I made sure it was not worth anything before I took it apart. I figure it would go as high grade or medium grade with the gold fingers. What do you all think?

Here is a small board from inside a broke MP3 Player. I am kind of at a loss with this one. It has some of the rectangular tantalum capacitors which I know some people pull and save up along with some of the Monolithic palladium capacitors that folks also save. I can't decide if I should pull these and the chips off or just leave it as is.

Here is a board from out of a wireless house phone. I have the same dilemma as the one above.

Here are the two boards from out of the wireless phone base and charger. A few chips and some of those capacitors along with a number display. I figure this would be low grade and not work anything. Ill probably pull a few goodies off of it and then let it go to shred.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,988 Times in 746 Posts
    I remember an old thread about the games, back then they sold as gold fingered ram. With all of the price changes that have happened they may grade it different now. As far as the other boards I don't know
    expect the worst and hope for the best
    cory couch
    c & c recycling
    JUNKERS AND CLUNKERS
    (870) 897-6484

3. The Following User Says Thank You to corycouch for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    First board I would pay finger card
    Second would Be High grade
    The rest mid grade

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    sweet. I have two texas instrument home computers coming to me this weekend with a bunch of games. If the games aren't worth much, or the computers. I'll do a teardown.

I see there are a ton on fleecebay. They look like they might be a hard sell. I spent $15 on the lot because curiousity killed the cat.

I have a bunch of home phones to tear down too

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks for the input guys! I just love taking the weird random stuff apart and see in whats inside and how they work. But I'm a big engineering geek. You will have to post and let us know how the games and computers go if you tart them down. I've never taken apart a Texas Instruments before and it would be interesting to see if the games are consistent or different.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmgscrap View Post
    Thanks for the input guys! I just love taking the weird random stuff apart and see in whats inside and how they work. But I'm a big engineering geek. You will have to post and let us know how the games and computers go if you tart them down. I've never taken apart a Texas Instruments before and it would be interesting to see if the games are consistent or different.
    Guilty of this myself. Even if I know something will bring a little bit whole, I'm still compelled to see whats in it for myself.
    Jeremy Burrage - Founder & CEO
    Electrowaste Recycling LLC, Guntersville, AL
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elect...31655806922157

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    So I got bored again and took apart a Nintendo controller and rumble pack. Both of them were interesting but I was more surprised about how the rumble pack turned out.

Here is the rumble pack. It looks like the board has gold plating everywhere a component is attached. I'm pretty sure the white box on there is also a large tantalum capacitor. Inside is a metal clad capacitor connected to a + and - sign on the board. There was a small motor with a uneven weight to provide the rumble.

Here are pictures of the front and back of the controller board. All in all not too exciting besides the IC chip and the connector where the rumble pack fits which appears to have gold plated pins. I don't know if this board is worth sending in or if I should just pull the chips and the connector and mayble

Last edited by cmgscrap; 01-31-2014 at 12:27 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Im new here and just love these what grade board pics. Its a great education. Its nice to see the pic and a response from a buyer.

My question is it worth doing all that work unless you can get a gaylord of them boards. They look like its 30 grams or something.

If you had a large amount of them you couldnt you just sell them as is for a much lover price and move on to another $$ making deal?

Keep them coming. Its very interesting and neat to see.

Good luck. The forum is sweet, all you need is a brain, little cash and ambition, your on your way to a profitable business.

Aaron

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Since your new here I'll spare you the lecture. I will tell you this and somebody needs to sticky this thought...

Any question that starts "Is it worth it to..." is an incomplete sentence, the full sentence is "Is it worth it for ME to..." What I mean by that is you want to know is it worth YOUR time to..." Since none of us are ME or YOUR we can't answer that. The only who can answer a question that starts with "Is it worth it to..." is the one asking it. Period.

Some of us won't leave the house for any less than 5 free computers, some of us would go pick up a TV. Some of us wouldn't strip wire, some of us strip the smallest wire. It depends on you, your time, and your volume. I have a friend that has 200 TVs on the side of his shop to be gone through, and another 10-13 pick-up truckloads of consumer electronics to disassemble and recycle but he won't scrap anything as a whole, opting instead to disassemble and recycle every component. I have another friend who won't waste his time taking apart a PC and scraps them all whole. A man has got to find his own measure of what his time is worth.

11. The Following 10 Users say Thank You for This Post by Electrowaste:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    Electrowaste, you have stated that very well I only wish we could post it at the very top of the very front page in bold red letters. Mike.
    "Profit begins when you buy NOT when you sell." {quote passed down to me from a wise man}

Now go beat the copper out of something, Miked

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Good idea to sticky it. We're not really commenting in grammar are we. It's more a idea thing. As far as grammar and spelling I'm terrible at it and typing on a phone while the thing is ringing stinks.

I see your point. Is it worth it to me?? Only I can answer that. Great advice. I, learning the fast way to buy and sell. I enjoy electronics but I'm basing my experience of tons of batteries. It simple you buy and sell. Electronics have this better than scrap value thing going on and I love it. For me!!

You guys may get board... Get it haha, I love this electronics business.
    Aaron

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Well it looks like my threads been hijacked but here is another cool board. A blue tooth keyboard I got for free was in bad shape so I decided to see what was inside. From the outside I could already see a nice chunk of aluminum. Opening it up I found one board with a gew chips, some gold plated connectors, and this little rectangle that has some gold on it that I assume has to do with the Bluetooth. It also had a number of smmc's on it.

]
    Last edited by cmgscrap; 02-11-2014 at 01:47 AM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,861 Times in 2,713 Posts
    Anything that has a transmitter(in my experience) has at least one good board. The exception to that might be baby monitors and home phones. Mike.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to miked for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

This must be the most boring board in history. Two LEDs a capacitor and one of the black smudge areas. And nothing. I cant even see this as low grade haha. It came out of a cheap tv remote.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Yours truly has done a thread on the games. Several N64, couple old Nintendo ones, gameboy, an other cartridge type games.

Same with game controllers. Good to see others doing the same. I will say..before breaking games open, do a search to see if they are collectible, you'd be surprised. Usually the only games I break down are ones I know don't go for very much if anything. There is some very good money in resell on cartridge type video games. Even if you just use CL. No need to be an Ebay to resell games for profit.

Sirscrapalot - Destroyer of non-valuable video games.

19. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by Sirscrapalot:

20. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. This thead is a question - some odd boards and items
      By robsrecycling in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
    2. Something odd about appliances
      By CanIScrapIt in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 23
      Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:53 AM
    3. Got an odd call about something
      By PistoneScrapProcessing in forum General Electronics Recycling