ebaying laptop parts

| Telecom Recycling - Cell phones, tablets, PDAs etc
    jord0690 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

ebaying laptop parts

So im trying to maximize my profits on this laptop deal. Made my money back on mobos so far but I put some time into tearing them down and would like to make as much as I can.

Was thinking of putting all the keyboards on ebay as a lot. Same with the decent looking screens, (make the lots by brand) and maybe some batteries (put alike ones in small lots) would have to post all as parts/not working as I have no way of testing them.. or maybe someone has a way of testing laptop batteies? I also have a big pile of what im assuming are video cards and modems?

I can go check their values, im just lookin to see if anyone else had any luck doin this.
    If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

GC Metal Recycling & Recovery
    Barrie, Ontario.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I think you are going to get a lot less interest in a large lot of things like keyboards rather than selling them individually. I just bought a keyboard for 22.00 off ebay (new) for a laptop I wanted to resell. I certainly would have purchased a used one for 10.00 if I could of found one, but even though I fix a few laptops a month, I'm not interested in an auction for a "lot" of them, I just want the keyboard I currently need. I think you should take your time and sell them one by one.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms001 View Post
    I think you are going to get a lot less interest in a large lot of things like keyboards rather than selling them individually. I just bought a keyboard for 22.00 off ebay (new) for a laptop I wanted to resell. I certainly would have purchased a used one for 10.00 if I could of found one, but even though I fix a few laptops a month, I'm not interested in an auction for a "lot" of them, I just want the keyboard I currently need. I think you should take your time and sell them one by one.
    This is true, makes sense. Im just not sure which ones work which is my biggest issue with selling individually. Also, noobie mistake, I didnt mark or label which keyboard came from which model. Now I gotta search it all lol

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I refurbish and ebay a lot of laptops, and I will tell you not to even bother with the batteries unless you can test them.

With the keyboards, only do them in lots if they are the same exact model. Laptop parts can be a tough sell, ebay seems to be saturated with them. If you have Dell, HP, or Mac parts you could do well. The guys who are refurbishing tend to stay away from the cheapo brands like Gateway, Acer, and Compaq.

5. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by AuburnEwaste:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Well then im glad most of these leptops where Dells and HPs! Ahah ill give it a shot, nothing to lose. Its a free listing so might as well throw em on. Or if anyone here on the forum is interested in any of em let me know!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I can get dell Lenovo lap top parts by the ton. But only parts. Any of you guys need volume and will pay 10,000 plus I'll make happens tell me what you want.

Aaron Stillwater.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I did OK selling screens as untested, but for low price. Usually put 4-8 pieces in a lot and sold for $25-30 per lot, as-is with no returns. I did not have much luck doing the same with keyboards.
    I seldom tear down laptops any more, fix the newer ones and turn in the rest for scrap whole.

9. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by aurum:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I've got over 300 I've been working through (very slowly) and I've had good luck with just selling them "as is". Fortunately, I've got plenty of testing equipment here.

If I'm unsure, I just pop it up "as is" and sell it like that. When you do, you'll usually get more than you do selling it "broken" or whatever. As is, untested is probably the wording I'd use to maximize it.

Send me a PM if you have any specific questions about the laptops, it's one thing I'm good at!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I just scrapped everything. I had tons of parts on ebay for well over month. Not a single hit. Havnt had any luck selling untested/as is on ebay.

Hey I know, you can buy them off me and resell them! LOL

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jord0690 View Post
    I just scrapped everything. I had tons of parts on ebay for well over month. Not a single hit. Havnt had any luck selling untested/as is on ebay.

Hey I know, you can buy them off me and resell them! LOL
    Unless you're really detailed, it's pretty tough to make a sale on laptop parts alone. I'm sure we could work out something down the road.

13. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. ebaying gold pins
      By MetalEarthRecycling in forum Ebay Traders
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 08-02-2013, 05:00 PM
    2. Replies: 5
      Last Post: 03-17-2013, 03:08 AM
    3. Parts laptop and Xeon processor
      By JustInTime in forum SMF Member Listings
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 02-17-2013, 10:35 PM

Thread Information