It Was A Good Day...

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
    ScrappyMcGee started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

It Was A Good Day...

Last Wednesday I had my best day yet.

My neighbour was right; it pays to go out at 2-3am.

I made my scrap route early morning and found a washer as soon as I turned the corner from my house. I went back, dropped it with the three I had already stripped down then proceeded on my route to find some steel bed frames, four microwaves, a bbq and a filing cabinet.

Later when the sun came up I stripped the wiring from the washer, loaded all three on the truck. I took the copper, wires and magnets from the microwaves and put the remains in with the appliances. I received a good fee for white tin (I hate white tin)
    then my phone rang with the first magic call.

The guy calling had just finished clearing out his garage and had what he said was a bunch of steel and no car to move it. Better yet he was only five minutes from where I was drinking a coffee. There, on his front lawn, neatly separated, was the most beautiful pile of metal I have seen on a call yet.

Duct work, 1/2 inch steel rods, boxes of hammer heads, axe heads, old turnbuckles, sections of wrought iron fence and gates and more. In short, a full load, then right back to the scrapyard.

I was planning to spend the afternoon organizing my yard and garage, but then a lady called with two steel patio tables and ten steel frame chairs, all in various conditions of rust and neglect, but nice and heavy (bulky, too).

It was the kind of day that got me really psyched for the rest of the week. Just hoping to start networking more with local businesses, so I can disctance myself from this residential stuff a bit.

Have fun

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Sounds like a great day! I can't wait until I get my truck in about a month and start in with the sheet metal. Right now I'm strictly doing copper due to available room and opportunity. Again, sounds like an awesome day. Hope you have many more!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Those days make it scrapping a fun, enjoyable job. Thanks for sharing a good story.

4. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Good Day
      By mightymite in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 06-24-2012, 10:30 AM
    2. so the other day i think i had a good day
      By nivlac in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 04-17-2012, 06:24 PM
    3. Good day to all....
      By FreshTagg in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 4