I found a new outlet for my ewaste here in Dallas!

| General - Let's talk business
    auminer started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 857 Posts

I found a new outlet for my ewaste here in Dallas!

Let me start by saying I'm totally thrilled with the pricing & service I've always gotten from HLH&R Recycling in Waxahatchie. Hugh Taylor is a stand up guy, nice, & VERY helpful.

That said, it's never a bad idea to shop around, and to have more than one outlet for your goods. Longstanding business relationships are very important, but so is making sure you're getting the best possible mix of pricing & service across your entire spectrum of inventory.

So, since I was so thrilled with Hugh & them, I was kinda leery when I got a cold call from another company here in DFW wanting to buy my ewaste. I don't like change, and one of my faults is that I start from a position of distrust until you prove your trustworthiness to me. I'm working on that.

Anyway... short story long... I took a sizeable load in to the "new" company: FMI Recycling. "New" in quotes because they've been around since 1985. Yes, almost 30 years. You won't last 30 years in this business unless you're VERY legit, that was a key reason I went to see them. Bottom line: I was very happy with the service, and pretty darned pleased with the pricing, too! I'm not going to share any specifics without their permission, but prices were very competitive with those of the big buyers on here, and I didn't have to ship it. Payment was by check, not cash, but I'm good with that.

I've let them know that it would DEFINITELY be in their best interest to open up a presence here on this forum, but I can't find where they've done so as of yet. It's not clear whether they do much business with mailed/UPS'd/FedEx'd shipments, but I think that they'd be crazy not to market themselves as a ship-to buyer on here, given their pricing & the fact that a lot of you guys don't live a 60-minute drive from two reputable buyers like I'm fortunate enough to.

Anyway, all you guys in DFW, I'd very much recc them for your ewaste, as well as all your other metals recycling needs.
    Out of clutter, find simplicity. --Albert Einstein

2. The Following User Says Thank You to auminer for This Post:

3. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. CRT disposal really needs a better ''end outlet''
      By newattitude in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 06-14-2013, 12:59 PM
    2. CRT Monitor outlet for Ecyclers
      By prgiva in forum TV and Monitor Recycling
      Replies: 25
      Last Post: 02-18-2012, 09:28 PM
    3. Dallas - Hello