Our recycling center dabbing in E-Recycling.

| General - Let's talk business
    tjlock started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Our recycling center dabbing in E-Recycling.

Thursday I stopped at the center to ask some questions about the 1099's and then was inquiring about if they were gonna start with electronic boards. The good news is....Yes, they are gonna start recycling the boards. Bad news...he is still learning what needs to be done and the prices he is currently gonna start paying isn't quite what I had in mind. I know another member said something to the effect of $1.80 a pound....right now, if I took them in, he would pay $0.06 a pound for the less populated boards, but mother boards he would pay more but he has to see them before he decides. I told him to continue his research and I will continue collection them (even though I will send off a box to one of those gold recovery placers and see what that brings). I will talk with him about it again in a month or so and see if his prices change. 6 cents a pound is better than no cents a pound, but if I can average $2.00 a pound, I know where I will go.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    6 cents per pound is less than mixed metal. That is terrible. If you live in Illinois you should be getting at least $.08 per pound!

SMF Badges of Honor
    Buying ewaste and vintage video games

Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 707 Posts
    My yard pays .05 a pound for low grade brown boards. I keep my low grade in trash cans with lids and have shelf's that hold mid,high,motherboards,hard drives,ram,cpu's and such in totes with lids as well . Be carefull how your store your ewaste . I try to keep everything separated and marked in closed containers . I hope you get a good return on your shipment , I would prefer using a seller on the forum . Most can give you pricing up front to eliminate any unwanted surprise when it comes time to get payed.

4. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by Metalbestos:

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Nickel Hi Temp Alloy Recycling - Nickel, Tungsten Metal Powder & Sludge Recycling
      By americanscrapmetal.com in forum Introduce yourself
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 12-13-2018, 02:37 AM
    2. New York - Goodman Services/Metalico Recycling Center in PA and NY
      By WeWillPrevail in forum Scrap Yards and Recycling Centers Directory
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 11-15-2011, 10:13 PM
    3. New Hampshire - Metal Recycling and Scrap Metal Removal Services - AA Metal Recycling
      By AA Metal Recycling in forum Scrap Metal Removal, Junk Car Removal and Metal Recycling Services
      Last Post: 01-15-2011, 01:38 AM
    4. California - Co op recycling
      By skuljagr in forum Scrap Metal Removal, Junk Car Removal and Metal Recycling Services
      Last Post: 11-24-2010, 10:57 AM

Thread Information