SMF Buyer Finder - Click an item below to find a Scrap Metal Forum buyer that buys what you're selling.

bwrecycling started this thread.

Thanks

Buyers of scrap computer boards and related parts

Hello, we are looking to buy the following:

Scrap computer boards of all kinds motherboards, daughter boards etc.. no red, yellow, orange or blue boards.
    Scrap RAM memory
    Scrap CPU's of all types.
    Scrap Hard drives.

Please contact Sam @ 800-234-4722

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    You got prices

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 648 Posts
    There's more information on their website, but no prices...

webuyics.com

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Any way you could post some "ballpark" prices. It is hard to filter through all this info trying to find places to sell my scrap. I am a newbee to the electronics part of the recycling. I'm just starting to recycle tvs, monitors, computer boards (stockpiling for years), and other printed circuitry boards. I have learned more in forums than any phone call or company websites. THANKS

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    no prices, no sell !

6. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by EcoSafe:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 471 Posts
    Hey guys, I talked to Sam on the phone and checked out their bwrecycling website. He sounded good and did send me some price quotes and most were pretty good. They seem to want to know what you have and quantity before quoting instead of just a general public price. I know that's a sticking point on this forum and I like prices listed too, so maybe Sam will post prices later when he gets some business from here. A couple of the prices are good enough that I'm going to try to get a shipment to him. It probably won't be this week or maybe next, but when I do, I'll post a follow up.

8. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by Pnutfarmer:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 348 Posts
    The last reply by pnutfarmer was right on target,they are looking to buy large lots,and they are lip tied with there prices,i have been to there place wanted to check em out, went there with the back of my pick up half full with a little of this and a little of that,a couple of guys came out and pretty much said they buy just large quantities closed the tail gate up and left,there building backs up to I-95 my advise stay on I-95 and keep on trucking babyyyyyy.

10. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by 1956:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Any way you could post some "ballpark" prices. It is hard to filter through all this info trying to find places to sell my scrap. I am a newbee to the electronics part of the recycling.it could be better result for you..

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bwrecycling View Post
    Hello, we are looking to buy the following:

Scrap computer boards of all kinds motherboards, daughter boards etc.. no red, yellow, orange or blue boards.
    Scrap RAM memory
    Scrap CPU's of all types.
    Scrap Hard drives.

Please contact Sam @ 800-234-4722
    First red flag for me is; Scrap computer boards of all kinds-(no red,yellow,orange or blue boards)

13. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by happyscraper:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I joined this forum for the sole purpose of replying to this thread.
    About 6 months ago,I tried tirelessly to get in contact with this gentleman "Sam".After multiple emails,and phone calls,I finally got to talk to another man there that gave me a price on about 1000 pounds of scrap mobo's that we had available.That price was $.75/lb.(Those of you that deal in E-scrap get the joke there).Several weeks ago,I started trying to get a hold of him again,thanks to the number he provided on this thread.The reasoning for trying to work out a deal with him,was that we have several hundred pounds of scrap ram(all gold),and his location is not too far from our office.So here we are several weeks,several emails,and several phone calls later.......still NO contact AT ALL! I called yet again this afternoon,when the receptionist asked me if I wanted to leave a message.I explained that I have several times,she asked if I wanted to send him an email,I explained that I have several times,and also submitted a quote request through their website,which of course never was responded to.So she asked for my information,and said she would make sure that someone calls me back. A couple of hours later,I receive a call from the "other" man,and he repeated back to me what I had,and asked me if I was delivering it,to which I replied yes.He goes on to say "Well with that large of a volume,and since you are going to be delivering it,the most we could pay you is $6/lb." (Long pause) Has everyone quit laughing yet? Needless to say,after I picked up my jaw off the floor I turned it down.When he asked why,I explained that I already had offers of over double that,to which he replied "well that is the best we can do." A couple of members on here,gave me very reasonable offers,and I appreciate that,but it all came down to shipping,and payout time.I don't want to lose $400 to ship this somewhere,and I am not about to wait a week or longer to get paid for something.When I buy something,it does NOT matter where on earth I buy it from.....I have to pay for it FIRST! Then I get what I paid for.That is how I got scammed from a refinery.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to AstroSurplus for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    A couple of members on here,gave me very reasonable offers,and I appreciate that,but it all came down to shipping,and payout time.I don't want to lose $400 to ship this somewhere,and I am not about to wait a week or longer to get paid for something.When I buy something,it does NOT matter where on earth I buy it from.....I have to pay for it FIRST! Then I get what I paid for.That is how I got scammed from a refinery.
    Take a little time and read some reviews of the different buyers, and we even have a couple that will help with the shipping. You used to have a Fla. buyer that had good reviews also. It's worth your money to do your homework.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    I'd like to know how this all turns out. Pnut did you ever do a deal with them?

sirscrapalot - Don't do it. Yes you. Put. It. Down.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanks to all,for the support.At the moment,the memory has a new home.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,965 Times in 1,383 Posts
    If this company are scammers can this whole thread be removed or at least modify the posting to delete their contact info and send them on vacation. I think there is enough feedback on them to warrant this.

20. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by BRASSCATCHER:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I never took the time to follow up on this thread.The memory was sold to one of my regular buyers who paid to have it shipped on a pallet.
    The reason I came back to the forum,was because I was looking to find a local buyer for mobo's.Anywhere in central Fl is ok,as long as the price is reasonable.And please do not recommend Arcoa thank you.I am already familiar with them and their procedures.
    I looked on the sellers list,but noone seems to pay decent prices,or they have unreasonable terms.I just want a place that I can drive up,unload,get stuff weighed,and get paid a reasonable amount.
    Also we have lithium,NiCD,NiMh,and lead batteries,transformers,motors,power supplies,ribbon wire,and #2 insulated wire.And some other things that I can't think of right now.

Thread Information