android app.

| SMF Support Forum
    junkfreak started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,470 Times in 600 Posts

android app.

My app stopped working. I reinstalled. Still no luck. Anyone else have this problem? I use my phone for everything it's very rare I sit at a computer. In fact what i know about computers i learned by scrapping them. Lol. Please help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to junkfreak for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,630 Times in 549 Posts
    Having them look into this now, I can't give a time frame on when it will be fixed but it's in the works.

4. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by admin:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    +1 same here i was thrilled to find your app on the market and NO GO BRO FC's every time Please Advise! thanks

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    We're just waiting on the next app update to be completed. It's 1.3.x now, next update will be 1.4 and will have some bug fixes.

7. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by admin:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Found a fix for the application crash. First turn off your mobile data then open the application wait for it to load up and sat No data connection or whatever it says then turn mobile data back on then in the application go back and forth to home and forums it will eventually load up the forum sorry if this isn't clear just mess with it and it should start working like it did for me.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    For the record we do have a MOBILE version of the website... Completely aside from the application. It doesn't do everything the app does but it presents the mobile friendly version of the forum.

If you navigate to the forum in your browser, it should automatically send you to the mobile version of SMF. You can always use the full site from your phone too by clicking the 'full site' link at the bottom of every page in the mobile version.

If you go to scrapmetalforum.com on your phone and the website isn't showing the mobile version, clear your browser cookies, close your browser and come to the site again that should fix it.

It's the best I can do to make it comfortable using your phone until the actual app is updated.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    dont know if it will helpo anybody but i got the app to work by logging out and then at the login screen taping "skip for now" i cant post anythig but at least i can view

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Crash Fix
    The result of these steps will allow you full access to the app with no crash.

Step 1: Turn off mobile data. (You can turn off/on your mobile data from your pull down tab.)
    Step 2: Open scrap metal forum app.
    Step 3: Turn on mobile data.
    Step 4: App will say connection error pleas try again later, Just press ok till it stops popping up.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Is the app back up and working yet?? Mine is still giving me an error when I try and login????

"Unfortunately, Scrap Metal has Stopped"

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    The app has been updated and uploaded to the Play Store. You should be able to install the new version or upgrade to it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to admin for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    the app has been updated and uploaded to the play store. You should be able to install the new version or upgrade to it.
    thank you!!!!!

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Is anyone else having problems with the app on android? I've got a note 5 and running smf ver. 1.4.0 and it will not let me log-in when I put my username and password in, press the login button and an error comes up with "required client information missing" and this has been happening for a few weeks now. just talking about it because I figured I wait for a possible update in the works. I sent an email to the admin of the app about a week ago and still have not heard anything and app still not working. PLEASE HELP
    Cleaning up the e-waste one company at a time

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tski72 for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tski72 View Post
    Is anyone else having problems with the app on android? I've got a note 5 and running smf ver. 1.4.0 and it will not let me log-in when I put my username and password in, press the login button and an error comes up with "required client information missing" and this has been happening for a few weeks now. just talking about it because I figured I wait for a possible update in the works. I sent an email to the admin of the app about a week ago and still have not heard anything and app still not working. PLEASE HELP
    Sames.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I'm getting the same error as both of you . ^^^

Not only that, but when I could log in with my new Galaxy S7, there was no way to navigate to a specific forum. I was only able to see recently posted threads in the various forums.

Hope it's back up soon. The desktop site is very clunky on a smart phone lol

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I have started a support ticket and have not heard anything back yet. It's been some time, like maybe a week or so, and not even an email that its being looked into. I check the app daily to see if its been fixed, but nothing. If I had a little more knowledge in writing apps, I would just fix it but I haven't taught myself how to write apps yet. some day I will experiment with writing an app for my company to schedule pickups and such, but until then we have to wait.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    I've left one ages ago as well with no reply and no fix. Hopefully an admin will chime in at some point and let us know what's up.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jord0690 for This Post:

23. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. android app
      By maneddi in forum SMF Support Forum
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-19-2012, 06:01 AM

Thread Information