SMF Buyer Finder - Click an item below to find a Scrap Metal Forum buyer that buys what you're selling.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Buying Ta cap and more!!!

| Scrap Buyers & Sellers
    etack started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Buying Ta cap and more!!!

http://recycletantalumcapacitors.com/

more pictures @ http://recycletantalumcapacitors.blogspot.com/

Eric@RECYCLETANTALUMCAPACITORS.COM

I buy tantalum capacitors.

$20.00Lb Wet electrolyte axial
    $15.00LB solid electrolyte axial
    $15.00LB polycoated axial,SMD,through hole
    $5.00LB foil style or arrays
    $50.00LB for prepared anodes
    $75.00LB silver wet caps (no leads)

I included some examples of tantalum capacitors I have more at my blog

Any questions relating to Ta capacitors in general please post. Any deals please keep to PM’s but please review your dealings with me.

I also toll refine silver contacts and solder or jewelry. I can return cemented silver melted into bars or minted silver one TOz rounds.

I do other refining from e scrap and karat scrap on a toll refining basses.

I am buying silver Oxide batteries for 1.5X silver spot per a pound of batteries. 5Lb min

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7a...it?usp=sharing

PM or email me if you have question.

Eric Tackett

Eric Tackett

Last edited by etack; 11-17-2014 at 02:38 PM.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    ok wth

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,350 Posts
    can't see pics

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 919 Posts
    need pictures so i know what it is im looking for

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Last edited by Geiser093; 12-06-2012 at 10:19 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users say Thank You for This Post by Geiser093:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Doesnt that come off of brown boards from TVs?

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    i think so george, i gust looked over some older pci cards and they are loaded with them also, as long as i can get $6 for them it would definitely be another thing to save up

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jghilino View Post
    i think so george, i gust looked over some older pci cards and they are loaded with them also, as long as i can get $6 for them it would definitely be another thing to save up
    Well as long as it doesn't devalue them for the other buyers, I am willing to get a 5gallon bucket and fill it up and ship it off.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 471 Posts
    etack....ok I can see the pictures now. I've found some of just about each variety you have there. The pics are good showing which caps are TA. I'd like to add that I found that all TA caps show thier polarity with a + or line indicating one leg of the cap.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Well as long as it doesn't devalue them for the other buyers, I am willing to get a 5gallon bucket and fill it up and ship it off.
    I don't believe that it would devalue anything. This is not what they get paid on from the copper refinery.

Eric
    Send PMSend PM  

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etack View Post
    I don't believe that it would devalue anything. This is not what they get paid on from the copper refinery.

Eric
    i tend to agree atleast on the low grade board part, i guess it would be ok to remove a couple from fingercards and motherboards

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Correct me if I'm wrong but not all capacitors are "tantalum capacitors". You might want to post directions on how to know the difference before someone sends you something you're not buying.

14. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by Jeremiah:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but not all capacitors are "tantalum capacitors". You might want to post directions on how to know the difference before someone sends you something you're not buying.

Thanks for your interest Jeremiah I included pictures so that people can see what type of caps that I want. I took some different ones for you so you can have a better understanding. If you have any more question let me know.

Added Info***First when cut from board is at least one lead magnetic? If yes take a hammer and gently tap the coating off and see it there is a pellet with a wire sticking out from the middle. If yes than this is a Ta cap. This can also be done by a torch real quick, but it smells bad. The magnetic lead will be nickel. On though hole monolithic cap the leads will be Cu. On can style Ta caps the (+) end will have a solder joint where a nickel wire was soldered onto the tantalum wire that is in the foil, or sinistered pellet.

Eric
    Last edited by etack; 12-09-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Send PMSend PM  

16. The Following User Says Thank You to etack for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah View Post
    Thru Hole,with legs

Surface Mount,

Tantalum's should be the only cap's with a polarity marking on them, the others can be soldered in either direction, Except for the Can caps.

18. The Following 12 Users say Thank You for This Post by Mechanic688:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    The ceramic ones your chart calls cheap are actually more valuable than tantalum because they yield palladium.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

Ta Cap Trial Run

I also want to know if these are Ta Cap, they have the - neg ? marking on the side and I believe this was what I was to look for? Still trying to figure it out.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Hi Marcus thanks for your interest. most of what you have pictured in your first pic are Tantalum cap. You seemed to have included some SMD ceramic caps (little brown ones). thees are good to save for other buyers if you depopulate boards. The back rectangles ones you need to check on the board to make sure you are removing the ones with a C###'s not ones with a D###'s The ones with a d and some #'s after it means that it is a diode not a Tantalum cap. Some of the other ones I can not see all that well so I will need a more clear picture. The second pic is of Al electrolytic caps. they are of no value to me. You referred to them as having a (-) marking this is a good way to differentiated them from Al caps tantalum caps are polarized on the (+) side.Tantalum can style will have the polarize (+) clearly marked look at my first pic and you can see that they have a weld in the (+) side or some other marking.

If you look at this picture from wiki you can see what I mean. the difference between Al and Ta caps polarity.

Let me know if you have any other question, and thanks for posting in the thread so other can get informed as well.

Eric

Send PMSend PM  

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 847 Posts
    Too confusing for me ,I'll just leave them on the boards for now. But thank you , it's always good to learn something new.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to happyscraper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    My head hurts now, but good to know this info. I'll be doing a trial run myself on some low grades I have, that is if my head doesn't blow up after reading all those links you posted!

Thanks for taking the time to post those links, I know I've got some reading ahead of me.

Sirscrapalot - ow..my brain hurts.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etack View Post
    Hi Marcus thanks for your interest. most of what you have pictured in your first pic are Tantalum cap. You seemed to have included some SMD ceramic caps (little brown ones). thees are good to save for other buyers if you depopulate boards. The back rectangles ones you need to check on the board to make sure you are removing the ones with a C###'s not ones with a D###'s The ones with a d and some #'s after it means that it is a diode not a Tantalum cap. Some of the other ones I can not see all that well so I will need a more clear picture. The second pic is of Al electrolytic caps. they are of no value to me. You referred to them as having a (-) marking this is a good way to differentiated them from Al caps tantalum caps are polarized on the (+) side.Tantalum can style will have the polarize (+) clearly marked look at my first pic and you can see that they have a weld in the (+) side or some other marking.

If you look at this picture from wiki you can see what I mean. the difference between Al and Ta caps polarity.

Let me know if you have any other question, and thanks for posting in the thread so other can get informed as well.

Eric

Ok becoming clearer, I see now that my confusion is not uncommon. As I collect them and see what I am getting I will continue to post. I have read way to much about Ta Caps and and am still slightly confused. As I learn more I will post here to help everyone figure this out. It is my opinion that while precious metals climb higher those of us prepared with information will be the most likely to profit. I am trying to position myself to ave as much knowledge about components as possible.

Thank you for taking time time to clear things up.

26. The Following 8 Users say Thank You for This Post by Geiser093:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information