a scary story

| Off Topic Discussions
    gueroinchicago started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

a scary story

Last week I was on my way into the forest preserves to scrap for cans. Its about a 15 minute walk on a hiking trail through the woods until I get to the area where people barbeque. The trail I walk on is one maintained by the forest preserve dept.(I'm not sure if its a state or county dept), in any case along the main trail are smaller ones made by people over the years that go deeper into the woods. On occassion I will check these smaller trails just to see if I might find something interesting. Don't go to often as I'm sure I'm the only one that would go looking for scrap in these areas and anything that would be left there would be left until the next time I go. Anyways, last week I decided to see if I might find something interesting and as I'm walking I see about 15 feet ahead of me a body lying on the ground. I didn't know if the guy was past out drunk, dead or just taking a nap as I did not get close enough to see if he was still breathing. I was uncertain as to whether or not to call 911 as I was in the middle of the woods and even with GPS on my phone it would take the police an hour to find me. I decided to keep walking and as I arrived in the picnic area I thought:"what if I come back in 4 days and he's still there"? By coincidence I ran into a forest preserve policeman(also not sure if they are county or state) and notified him of what I had seen. I took him back to where the guy was and of course he was still there. The cop woke him up and asked for his ID and if he knew what day and time it was. The guy said he had to be at work at 10:00 and only later said pm. By the way, it was 7:00 pm. As the cop continued questioning the guy stated that he came out into the woods the previous night, so assuming he was stating the truth he was out in the middle of the woods for about 30 hours with only beer for food. The cop drove him to the entrance and as I continued my route I saw the guy walking back to where I originally found him. To the extent that I was worried for the guy's safety, I hope God believes in karma the way that I do. I should have taken a picture to show everyone but at the time that was the last thing on my mind.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    creepy, g.

gueroinchicago started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    yes it was, then I went back the next day to pick up the guy's empty cans

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts
    now thats what I call a true hard core scrapper, waits to see if the guy dies or dissapears then goes for his cans. lol

5. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Now here's a fish story!
      By Otto in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM
    2. got 30 monitors...but get this story...
      By Gnraxlrose88 in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 01-25-2012, 05:42 AM
    3. this is better then any fiction story.
      By EcoSafe in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 12-15-2011, 12:14 PM
    4. Another crazy story
      By PistoneScrapProcessing in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 11-16-2011, 01:04 PM
    5. Slow week, scary fuel costs...what to do!
      By BigRyan in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 04-22-2011, 10:21 AM

Thread Information