My latest tactic. Very pleased with the results

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper

Hybrid View

jord0690 started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks

My latest tactic. Very pleased with the results

So im sure iv mentioned before in other threads, but this weekend im traveling to visit family in an area where ewaste is almost non existant. One or two ads offering free pick up, but thats it. Figured I Would post up my ad and get everyones opinion.

I dont want to link the ad just incase lurkers in my area find out where im going.... LOL and I mean non members lurking. I know all my neighbours in my neck of the woods are decent people.

Heres the ad (omitted the into as it gives away where im going. Something to the effect like I pay cash for comp scrap and will be visiting blank area on these days, dont miss out!)

I buy:
    motherboards, ram, CPUs, PCI (finger) cards, power supplies, and hard drives. As well as higher grade boards from other electronics. All items are paid by the pound. I also buy scrap computer towers, laptops and servers in BULK (5+) at a fixed rate.

I am not able to pay for, but can dispose of for FREE items such as single computer towers, laptops (both working or not) single computer parts, keyboards, mice, monitors and any other computer assessories not listed above.

Email or text 705 321 9107 for pricing or to set up a pick up. Or call and leave a message.

**Prices could change at any time due to market fluxuations.

So far I have 4 pick ups. Rather large ones too and am only spending 20 bucks for all 4. 3 are free bulk pickups. One he asked for 20 bucks for the lot.

This idea Worked out very well. I may post ads in other areas where e waste isnt a huge thing, see if I can make it worth the drive! Just goes to show if you keep at it enough, puters will come! Im still small and slow compared to others, but consider the fact that I was getting NOOOTHIN a few months ago. With a little hard work, determination and some crazy, sometimes waaaay far out ideas, you can be successful in the ewaste world.
    If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

GC Metal Recycling & Recovery
    Barrie, Ontario.

2. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by jord0690:

SMF Badges of Honor

Buying Specialty Escrap of all kinds, resale grade computer parts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 919 Posts
    ive had trouble getting scrap latley so i offered to start trading for it, its nice to get rid of stuff i dont need / cant sell for stuff i can sell for cash
    I buy and sell all types of scrap and escrap. I buy specialty and hard to sell escrap. I buy resale items. PM me or contact me at jghilino@hotmail.com
    I AM ACTIVELY BUYING ESCRAP OF ALL TYPES. BOARDS, RAM, CPUS AND MUCH MORE

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 7,220 Times in 2,256 Posts
    Thanks for the idea. Hope the strategy continues to work for you.

SMF Badges of Honor

Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,730 Times in 4,728 Posts
    Jord, I'm glad you are becoming more successful in the ewaste end, but do you still have the "buyer" problem??
    you can have all the escrap in the world but without a buyer, your shooting yourself in the foot.
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

6. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Mechanic688:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,352 Times in 1,014 Posts
    The problem with the internet is people are not anonymous. It took all of 4 seconds to locate your ad.

Ad looks good though. Hope it gets you so much scrap you have trouble hauling it all. Scrap (all types) have been slow for me for a while.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IdahoScrapper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoScrapper View Post
    The problem with the internet is people are not anonymous. It took all of 4 seconds to locate your ad.

Ad looks good though. Hope it gets you so much scrap you have trouble hauling it all. Scrap (all types) have been slow for me for a while.
    I figured you guys would be smart enough to find the ad... anyway, thanks! My goal is to have enough material to work a couple hours a day ontop of my 9-5.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic688 View Post
    Jord, I'm glad you are becoming more successful in the ewaste end, but do you still have the "buyer" problem??
    you can have all the escrap in the world but without a buyer, your shooting yourself in the foot.
    Yeah I have a small local one man show refiner paying me a very reasonable amount for ram and finger cards, slightly lower than what he normally pays but im getting all his mobos in return for the small discounted price. and i found a local yard that pays close to the smf members on most stuff. Cd drives are real low at 0.07 lb though. Same with CPU at $7lb for mixed cpu.

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 847 Posts
    Jord, pop the cover off those cd drives and take the board out and through the rest in the shred pile. Those boards are mid grade and only take a few minutes to take out. Just my .02

12. The Following User Says Thank You to happyscraper for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscraper View Post
    Jord, pop the cover off those cd drives and take the board out and through the rest in the shred pile. Those boards are mid grade and only take a few minutes to take out. Just my .02
    Good call. If I cant find a decent buyer for those soon ill do that. Shred beats 0.07 cents all day long lol

Thread Information