Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

#2 insulated wire

| Scrap Metal Prices
  1. #1
    hobo finds started this thread.
    hobo finds's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    tucson, az
    Posts
    4,045
    Thanks
    4,925
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,057 Posts

    #2 insulated wire

    $.55 lb. Sucks so much...


  2. The Following 5 Users say Thank You for This Post by hobo finds:



  3. #2
    bigburtchino's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,645
    Thanks
    4,380
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Hobo - I feel your pain, You do make me feel "lucky", as I got $o.60 a pound last week #2 insulated. The price of copper dropped about $0.08 in the last five days. I think the biggest difference in prices, your location and mine, I'm only 35 miles to a port. Copper scrap price will remain volatile for months.

  4. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by bigburtchino:


  5. #3
    Mechanic688's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Warsaw , Ind. In the heart of the lakes, and down the street from the hotel where Al Capone stayed.
    Posts
    9,578
    Thanks
    11,248
    Thanked 10,624 Times in 4,697 Posts
    I just checked the automated line at our yard and the #1 ins is .98 and #2 is .65.
    Clean copper is at 1.90 and #2 is 1.80
    P & M Recycling - Specializing in E-Waste Recycling.
    If you enjoy your freedom, thank a vet.

  6. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by Mechanic688:


  7. #4
    greytruck's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Thornton, Illinois
    Posts
    1,214
    Thanks
    857
    Thanked 731 Times in 415 Posts
    Last time (last week) i sold #2 ins wire was at $.67. The other yard i dont use is at $.31

  8. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by greytruck:


  9. #5
    ScrappinRed's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 708 Times in 341 Posts
    I've been getting $.38 for several months
    ~You have to start somewhere to get anywhere~

  10. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by ScrappinRed:


  11. #6
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 598 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic688 View Post
    I just checked the automated line at our yard and the #1 ins is .98 and #2 is .65.
    Clean copper is at 1.90 and #2 is 1.80
    That's pretty good compared to here. For comparison, these are the prices smaller yards are selling for here:

    #1 INS 62% 1.00
    #2 INS 50% 0.71
    #1 Cu 1.95
    #2 Cu 1.84

  12. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by ryanw:


  13. #7
    SHOGOR's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2015
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 27 Times in 9 Posts
    $0.73 yesterday with a coupon. Rockaway Recycling has a once a month special on the first Saturday they bump up the special of the month $0.10
    I save up everything and wait for the coupon day. Sometimes it works out to wait, sometimes it don't.

  14. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by SHOGOR:


  15. #8
    bigburtchino's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,645
    Thanks
    4,380
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 1,129 Posts
    Now I think my prices suck too! Thanks for posting your prices guys, as that helps all of us and the only real measurement tool that matters.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to bigburtchino for This Post:


  17. #9
    HT1's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 441 Times in 156 Posts
    I keep telling you all; we will see COMEX/ LME $1.60 Cu that means CU bare bright at $1.25.
    That is historically (50 year+) the righted price. if another mitigating factor comes into play it might go lower.

    Sell Sell Sell

    V/r HT1

  18. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by HT1:


  19. #10
    nutpie's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2014
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 372 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
    I keep telling you all; we will see COMEX/ LME $1.60 Cu that means CU bare bright at $1.25.
    That is historically (50 year+) the righted price. if another mitigating factor comes into play it might go lower.

    Sell Sell Sell

    V/r HT1
    HT1 - When do you expect a rise in copper prices? 6mos, 1 yr., 2 years?

  20. #11
    ScrapperTrecycling's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    1,687
    Thanked 402 Times in 140 Posts
    Same here, hobo. Com wire dropped to 0.20 lb..

  21. #12
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    May 2013
    Location
    Fleetwood, NC
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 86 Times in 34 Posts

    #2 insulated wire

    So.....we all know why steel prices have taken a dive, but why copper? I know that when it was around $4 a pound, they attributed the high prices to a low supply of copper from the South American mines; especially in Chile. Is there a large supply of copper now, or not as much demand......or both? I'm about to take in 400lbs, and was hoping for a better price. I just keep dreaming about those $3-$4 a pound days. It appears that's about all it's going to be for a while......a dream. Any insight?

  22. #13
    HT1's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 441 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nutpie View Post
    HT1 - When do you expect a rise in copper prices? 6mos, 1 yr., 2 years?
    next summer??? no sooner


    and for the millionth time not always here Prices are not down, they are righting themselves from being completely out of wack to the reality of the real world demand. a lot of people bought a lot of copper, and they have all they need for the foreseeable future so the price will go down and stay down.

    if the mines slow production you might see a climb, right now they have more effect then the recycling industry

    V/r HT1

  23. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by HT1:


  24. #14
    nutpie's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2014
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 372 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HT1 View Post
    next summer??? no sooner


    and for the millionth time not always here Prices are not down, they are righting themselves from being completely out of wack to the reality of the real world demand. a lot of people bought a lot of copper, and they have all they need for the foreseeable future so the price will go down and stay down.

    if the mines slow production you might see a climb, right now they have more effect then the recycling industry

    V/r HT1
    I'm hoping el nino will flood out the mines, slowing production

  25. #15
    HT1's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 441 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrappinlife View Post
    So.....we all know why steel prices have taken a dive, but why copper? I know that when it was around $4 a pound, they attributed the high prices to a low supply of copper from the South American mines; especially in Chile. Is there a large supply of copper now, or not as much demand......or both? I'm about to take in 400lbs, and was hoping for a better price. I just keep dreaming about those $3-$4 a pound days. It appears that's about all it's going to be for a while......a dream. Any insight?
    what do you think they make out of Shred feed??? it's not HY80 & HY120
    it's rebar if there is little call for rebar to make buildings, there is also little call for copper to wire the buildings, to build transformers to step down the power Etc.
    aluminum is holding pretty well because it has so many none construction uses, it slipped some just because the speculators know it can . people after the mill are making the money, not the scrap yards

    V/r HT1

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to HT1 for This Post:


  27. #16
    hobo finds started this thread.
    hobo finds's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    tucson, az
    Posts
    4,045
    Thanks
    4,925
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 2,057 Posts
    Sitting on 190 lbs. #2 insulated afraid it will go down even further... guess I will sell...

  28. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by hobo finds:


  29. #17
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    427
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 598 Posts
    There's a small HVAC recycling business here in town that I buy some things from sometimes. When copper did its first major drop under $3.00, they said they had several tons of both bare bright and #1 copper stockpiled waiting for it to go up, and they were continuously adding to it. I asked them why not sell it as they get it, and they said it was an investment and they knew it would go up again. All it has done is gone down further since then. I never brought it up again, but I hope they still aren't holding.

  30. #18
    jiffy117's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    282
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 338 Times in 145 Posts
    #1 ins. 1.32, #2 ins. 0.72, #3 ins. 0.23. What sucks for me is that I usually have #3 the most, and take a beating on it. But I make it back on the good stuff. Prices as of Sunday in Syracuse, NY.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to jiffy117 for This Post:


  32. #19
    HT1's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NE Florida
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 441 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanw View Post
    There's a small HVAC recycling business here in town that I buy some things from sometimes. When copper did its first major drop under $3.00, they said they had several tons of both bare bright and #1 copper stockpiled waiting for it to go up, and they were continuously adding to it. I asked them why not sell it as they get it, and they said it was an investment and they knew it would go up again. All it has done is gone down further since then. I never brought it up again, but I hope they still aren't holding.

    The Truth about Betting Systems - Wizard of Odds there's a martingale

    WARNING DISTURBINGBlack Tuesday Stock Market Crash Suicide Victim - Oct 22, 1929 - Old historic photos. Famous history images. World War pictures. WARNING DISTURBING (yep them prices are always going up) said lots of people Mon Oct 21, 1929

  33. #20
    wayne1956's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cleburne, TX
    Posts
    678
    Thanks
    194
    Thanked 727 Times in 280 Posts
    I am the same, been sitting on 17 feed sacks full of #2 insulated for a while (about 450 lbs worth). I think I will continue to sit on and add to them, as I do not depend on scrapping for my main income. I think demand will go back up, it is just a matter of time. The rise of prices will follow the rise in demand, just not sure when the rise in demand will occur. I know many will disagree, but I am continuing to hoard non-ferrous materials, as I have the room to store it. I have quit actively picking up shred in general, but will continue to do so when friends ask. If someone calls I have picked up from before has something that I can break down into good non-ferrous, I will also pick that up and add to my slowly growing stash.

  34. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by wayne1956:



  35. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

    1. What's insulated copper wire going for near you
      By redcrossnj in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 12-01-2014, 01:17 PM
    2. Insulated Wire Tip
      By MetalRecycler in forum Scrap Metal Tips and Advice
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: 09-11-2014, 11:44 AM
    3. #2 insulated wire price
      By boutselis in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM
    4. insulated wire
      By randysgirl in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM
    5. Insulated copper wire
      By copperhound in forum Scrap Metal Questions and Answers
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 04-11-2012, 04:38 AM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

 
Browse the Most Recent Threads
On SMF In THIS CATEGORY.





OR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The Scrap Metal Forum

    The Scrap Metal Forum is the #1 scrap metal recycling community in the world. Here we talk about the scrap metal business, making money, where we connect with other scrappers, scrap yards and more.

SMF on Facebook and Twitter

Twitter Facebook