Results 1 to 14 of 14

A happy customer is a forever customer!

| Scrap Business Ethics
  1. #1
    GeorgeB started this thread.
    GeorgeB's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manassas Park, VA
    Posts
    2,920
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 637 Times in 431 Posts

    A happy customer is a forever customer!

    Today, my wife and I were out doing some summer clothes shopping for our daughters. As we were leaving one store, I got a call from a number that I did not recognize. It happened to be one of my new computer consulting clients I spoke about a few months back.

    She informed me that by the end of the week she will have over a dozen computers for me, as well as some other stuff.

    Told me that some would need a COD, which I reminded her that we provide them free of charge as a courtesy for all clients. Whether an individual, or corporation of any size.

    These kinds of calls mean a lot to me, because it just renews my faith in knowing that I am providing a service to individuals and customers with a level of professionalism and fair pricing (no I am not charging her) that they keep using me and my company.

    As most know, VIP Recycling is a small mom and pop company, and in my area, I have my more than fair share of competition, but each time a repeat or new client from a referral calls or goes on the site, it just gives me an awesome feeling to know that I am doing something right. Especially when I do very little advertising.



    It is all in how you treat your customers.
    Last edited by GeorgeB; 04-09-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    George Beale - Founder & President - info@viprecyclingjunkremoval.com
    VIP Recycling Junk Removal LLC - Premier Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers!
    http://www.viprecyclingjunkremoval.com

  2. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by GeorgeB:



  3. #2
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    2,701
    Thanks
    2,237
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
    Today, my wife and I were out doing some summer clothes shopping for our daughters. As we were leaving one store, I got a call from a number that I did not recognize. It happened to be one of my new computer consulting clients I spoke about a few months back.

    She informed me that by the end of the week she will have over a dozen computers for me, as well as some other stuff.

    Told me that some would need a COD, which I reminded her that we provide them free of charge as a courtesy for all clients. Whether an individual, or corporation of any size.

    These kinds of calls mean a lot to me, because it just renews my faith in knowing that I am providing a service to individuals and customers with a level of professionalism and fair pricing (no I am not charging her) that they keep using me and my company.

    As most know, VIP Recycling is a small mom and pop company, and in my area, I have my more than fair share of competition, but each time a repeat or new client from a referral calls or goes on the site, it just gives me an awesome feeling to know that I am doing something wrong. Especially when I do very little advertising.

    It is all in how you treat your customers.
    lol smh....get some sleep buddy!

  4. The Following 6 Users say Thank You for This Post by IdahoScrapper:


  5. #3
    Libertytow's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Silverton NJ
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 340 Times in 180 Posts
    i nkow the feeling of getting good referrals what may i ask is a c.o.d and why do you charge for it
    Liberty Towing & Recycling
    (732)279-8599
    Cleaning up NJ 1 LB at a time!
    Certified Mobile Scales
    Fully Insured Carrier usdot # 1802487
    WWW.LibertyTowing.Webs.Com
    WWW.TRRecycles.Webs.com

  6. #4
    directrecycle's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    520
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 467 Times in 226 Posts
    certificate of destruction

  7. #5
    Libertytow's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Silverton NJ
    Posts
    562
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 340 Times in 180 Posts
    thatnks how do they work is there a template where i could get some???

  8. #6
    GeorgeB started this thread.
    GeorgeB's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manassas Park, VA
    Posts
    2,920
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 637 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertytow View Post
    i nkow the feeling of getting good referrals what may i ask is a c.o.d and why do you charge for it
    COD as mentioned is certificate of destruction. i provide them for free unless i have a lot and limited time to provide then.

  9. #7
    GeorgeB started this thread.
    GeorgeB's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manassas Park, VA
    Posts
    2,920
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 637 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertytow View Post
    thatnks how do they work is there a template where i could get some???
    send me an email.

  10. #8
    happyscraper's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    spring hill,fl
    Posts
    2,864
    Thanks
    350
    Thanked 1,371 Times in 847 Posts
    COD= fish(fish sandwhitch hmm) COD= cash on delivery. Just playing with ya George, good job, keep up the good work.

  11. #9
    mikeinreco's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    4,580
    Thanks
    1,195
    Thanked 4,744 Times in 2,178 Posts
    12 computers is a good start now put together a price list and start buying ewaste.....only way you will get the quantity. u need

  12. #10
    GeorgeB started this thread.
    GeorgeB's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manassas Park, VA
    Posts
    2,920
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 637 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinreco View Post
    12 computers is a good start now put together a price list and start buying ewaste.....only way you will get the quantity. u need
    As I mentioned before, that if I HAD the capital, I could beat everyone else's prices (even my big competitor) and become the BIG fish here.

    However, even if I had the capital, I have no where to store the quantity it would bring to me.

    I could easily put a big in a few people's ears and get a business partner to front the monies needed, but I have never had a business partner in my life, and to be honest, I don't think I really want one. I like being able to do what I want, when I want with my companies.

    However, with that said, I think the companies I have dealt with, had people getting their ewaste from them, and charging them for it. Which is mainly why they now use me.

    When I come across scrappers, I give them a card, and let them know what I will pay for desktops, laptops, or computer parts if they come across it.

    I have a few regulars that will bring me stuff when they have a decent like (like 5 or more).

  13. #11
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    71
    Thanked 195 Times in 90 Posts
    What if your "a happy customer is a forever customer!" customer is like Bob from What About Bob? Do you think about all the $$ they've made you, or do you think about how to hide the body so it's never found?

  14. #12
    Russell's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago,Il
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    495
    Thanked 706 Times in 323 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What if your "a happy customer is a forever customer!" customer is like Bob from What About Bob? Do you think about all the $$ they've made you, or do you think about how to hide the body so it's never found?
    Baby steps,Zito. Baaaaby steps.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Russell for This Post:


  16. #13
    GeorgeB started this thread.
    GeorgeB's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    Member since
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Manassas Park, VA
    Posts
    2,920
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 637 Times in 431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What if your "a happy customer is a forever customer!" customer is like Bob from What About Bob? Do you think about all the $$ they've made you, or do you think about how to hide the body so it's never found?

    Yes, I do think about all the money they have made me, which is the only reason I do it for FREE and don't charge anything.

    My "ewaste" clients aside from scrappers, are computer consulting firms. They get paid a LOT more than I do to dispose of their client's no longer needed electronics. What they get paid, I don't know, and none of my business. That is why they are happy and thrilled that I do it for FREE, because it is more money to them in a manner of speaking.

    I'm not out to cheat my clients, and I give every one of them (scrap metal, junk, or electronic clients) a good and fair deal. Sometimes a little to good, but that is business.

  17. #14
    happyisthealero's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Oct 2012
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    529
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 114 Times in 83 Posts
    I sent you an email pertaining to the COD george, thanks!

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to happyisthealero for This Post:



  19. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

    1. Customer edicate / common customer courtesy
      By mrsamsonite in forum Scrap Business Ethics
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 07-27-2013, 01:51 PM
    2. A customer brought me this????
      By mikeinreco in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
    3. what a customer brought today
      By mikeinreco in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM
    4. new customer, going to be tough.
      By EcoSafe in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 09-23-2012, 01:09 PM
    5. new customer:)
      By EcoSafe in forum General - Let's talk business
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

 
Browse the Most Recent Threads
On SMF In THIS CATEGORY.





OR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The Scrap Metal Forum

    The Scrap Metal Forum is the #1 scrap metal recycling community in the world. Here we talk about the scrap metal business, making money, where we connect with other scrappers, scrap yards and more.

SMF on Facebook and Twitter

Twitter Facebook