Results 1 to 13 of 13

Life

| Off Topic Discussions
  1. #1
    wildliferacer started this thread.
    wildliferacer's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts

    Life

    The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in how we rise every time we fall. As a scrapper, life is uneasy, challenges and difficulties are always along the way. What are your motivations to keep you going and living?


  2. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by wildliferacer:



  3. #2
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanks
    559
    Thanked 2,245 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildliferacer View Post
    The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in how we rise every time we fall. As a scrapper, life is uneasy, challenges and difficulties are always along the way. What are your motivations to keep you going and living?
    New scrap forum uptime 100% http://scrappers.freeforums.net/

  4. The Following 2 Users say Thank You for This Post by alloy2:


  5. #3
    kss's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    May 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    430
    Thanked 679 Times in 384 Posts
    My motivation is to go out and get that money to create a great life for myself and my family.

    I am very fortunate that scrapping is only a small portion of my income and that I have a stable normal job at the moment. But scrapping definitely helps, and gives a few extra bucks to invest into my future.

  6. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by kss:


  7. #4
    ChildhoodDream's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    886
    Thanks
    1,549
    Thanked 866 Times in 444 Posts
    time displacement

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChildhoodDream for This Post:


  9. #5
    Patriot76's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Buffalo Commons
    Posts
    2,897
    Thanks
    10,332
    Thanked 7,121 Times in 2,218 Posts
    A desire to leave my little part of this world better than when I found it.
    Give back more to this world than we take.

  10. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by Patriot76:


  11. #6
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,664
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 943 Posts
    My quip would be, "BEER!", but the more serious answer would be, "curiosity." Trying to figure out how things work and how to make them work for me to my greatest advantage. I noodle to noodle, I tinker to tinker, and I live to have a good time. The secret to life is to enjoy your life.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 04-10-2021 at 08:08 AM.

  12. The Following 3 Users say Thank You for This Post by t00nces2:


  13. #7
    hills's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    933
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 571 Posts
    I remember the old fable about the tortoise and the rabbit from when i was a kid.

    Life has been pretty good. Lots of obstacles to overcome but i've realized most of the goals i set for myself when i was young. Nowadays, it's just plod along at a steady pace till i hit the retirement finish line.

    The regular day job is pretty mundane but it's steady income. The scrapping is more for fun and variety in the work. There's the thrill of the hunt too .... every once in a great while you run across a good score. It doesn't happen often, but often enough to make it fun.

  14. The Following 4 Users say Thank You for This Post by hills:


  15. #8
    wildliferacer started this thread.
    wildliferacer's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kss View Post
    My motivation is to go out and get that money to create a great life for myself and my family.

    I am very fortunate that scrapping is only a small portion of my income and that I have a stable normal job at the moment. But scrapping definitely helps, and gives a few extra bucks to invest into my future.
    Exactly! Life is uneasy like money does. So we need to move wiser for greener pastures.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to wildliferacer for This Post:


  17. #9
    wildliferacer started this thread.
    wildliferacer's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hills View Post
    I remember the old fable about the tortoise and the rabbit from when i was a kid.

    Life has been pretty good. Lots of obstacles to overcome but i've realized most of the goals i set for myself when i was young. Nowadays, it's just plod along at a steady pace till i hit the retirement finish line.

    The regular day job is pretty mundane but it's steady income. The scrapping is more for fun and variety in the work. There's the thrill of the hunt too .... every once in a great while you run across a good score. It doesn't happen often, but often enough to make it fun.
    You're right. I can smell that you are an expert about life, lol. Based on your experience, what was the hardest test in life you had overcome?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to wildliferacer for This Post:


  19. #10
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,664
    Thanks
    1,172
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 943 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildliferacer View Post
    You're right. I can smell that you are an expert about life, lol. Based on your experience, what was the hardest test in life you had overcome?
    The question wasn't asked of me, but I will answer it because it struck a chord in me.... Accepting the loss associated with the death of loved ones.

  20. #11
    wildliferacer started this thread.
    wildliferacer's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    162
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    The question wasn't asked of me, but I will answer it because it struck a chord in me.... Accepting the loss associated with the death of loved ones.
    That was really sad to hear. Though it is just a part of our struggles and challenges that we want to get rid of.

  21. #12
    hills's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    933
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 571 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildliferacer View Post
    You're right. I can smell that you are an expert about life, lol. Based on your experience, what was the hardest test in life you had overcome?
    Perhaps there is only one test in life.

  22. #13
    matador's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor

    We purchase laptop computers and many components for greater than scrap value. We offer a shipping reimbursement program.replies

    Member since
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Big Wonderful Wyoming
    Posts
    2,300
    Thanks
    1,812
    Thanked 3,185 Times in 1,441 Posts
    For me, it's not just the money. It's how I can help give back. When you see a struggling family that's fighting to make ends meet get a good computer for cheap that helps them to better their lives, it leaves a warm spot in your heart. Years ago, a struggling veteran came in my shop with a broken computer that was so old that there's just nothing I can do to make it useful. I had an old, but still kinda usable computer that came in for recycling with a beat up case. I gave it to him. His face made it well worth it. Hearing from him a couple weeks later that he used it to find a new job made it just that much sweeter. It honored me to be able to help him, and that computer- it was just a garden variety Pentium 4. Back then, maybe I could have made $5 scrap out of it on a good day
    More than Scrap Value Shipment Tips: http://www.scrapmetalforum.com/scrap...tml#post242349


  23. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

    1. Just a day in my life...
      By IdahoScrapper in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM
    2. This thread is a serious one - Sometimes life happens!
      By msearl3244 in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 06-22-2013, 09:01 AM
    3. A day in the life
      By regidroz in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
    4. a day in my life
      By taterjuice in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 03-24-2012, 12:43 AM
    5. A Day In The Life
      By Scrappin' Sifu in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

 
Browse the Most Recent Threads
On SMF In THIS CATEGORY.





OR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The Scrap Metal Forum

    The Scrap Metal Forum is the #1 scrap metal recycling community in the world. Here we talk about the scrap metal business, making money, where we connect with other scrappers, scrap yards and more.

SMF on Facebook and Twitter

Twitter Facebook