Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Tool Failure.... - Page 2

| A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
  1. #21
    kss's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    May 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    805
    Thanks
    413
    Thanked 665 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alloy2 View Post
    Todd Rasmussen AKA t00nces2, those are the actions of a petty thief.

    Warranty
    Non-Transferable; Limitations. Locus's warranties extend only to Customer, the original purchaser, and Customer cannot transfer them. In no event will Locus's total liability for breach of warranty exceed the purchase price of the Product that is subject to such warranty claim.
    That isn't a law. That is a store policy. A store can't call the cops on you for trying to return something not in accordance with their policy.



    If anyone can make a policy and call the cops on someone for violating it, then I'm Gunna make a policy that every post you make you need to give me $1. That is my policy. If you don't follow it I'll call the cops .....

    See how crazy that sounds? There is no crime here. Now if someone STOLE merchandise and tried to return it to a store, that is theft and they can call the cops. Additionally, I bet a lawyer could try to make a case if you did it at scale somehow, that mass returning of items is fraud if you are untrue about how you got them. However if you go up and say I would like to return this item, and they do it, you have not lied, or broken an laws. If they say "are you the oringal purchaser and bought it within the last 30 days?" And you LIE about both those to complete the return, a case could be made for fraud or theft by decite.... But.... Just returning the item, in and of it self is no criminal act



    .... At least I think..idk disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice
    Last edited by kss; 04-20-2021 at 02:30 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to kss for This Post:



  3. #22
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alloy2 View Post
    Todd Rasmussen AKA t00nces2, those are the actions of a petty thief.

    Warranty
    Non-Transferable; Limitations. Locus's warranties extend only to Customer, the original purchaser, and Customer cannot transfer them. In no event will Locus's total liability for breach of warranty exceed the purchase price of the Product that is subject to such warranty claim.
    Wow! Sherlock effing Holmes! What did you do, go to t00nces2.com to expose my secret identity? What you just did there and tried to do to me is exponentially more douchebaggy than me returning an occasional new, unopened item purchased at a yard sale to the store for a store credit.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 04-20-2021 at 07:40 PM.

  4. #23
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamTheGreatest View Post
    The money on them was from new items in the package I picked up at garage sales and returned... For "my" customer.... You know, the customer at the garage sale.

    Full article at Scrap Metal Forum: https://www.scrapmetalforum.com/day-...#ixzz6sYRzLlcG





    You're bragging about theft from big box retailers? Wasn't this discussed once before?
    If it was, then anyone who said it was theft, was wrong twice.

    If you are that convinced it is immoral or illegal, present your case.

    Why would it be immoral?

    Why would it be illegal?
    Last edited by t00nces2; 04-20-2021 at 07:49 PM.

  5. #24
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Wow! Sherlock effing Holmes! What did you do, go to t00nces2.com to expose my secret identity? What you just did there and tried to do to me is exponentially more douchebaggy than me returning an occasional new, unopened item purchased at a yard sale to the store for a store credit.
    If it offends you Todd delete it. I'll take $20.00 that you don't know how.
    New scrap forum uptime 100% http://scrappers.freeforums.net/

  6. #25
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alloy2 View Post
    If it offends you Todd delete it. I'll take $20.00 that you don't know how.
    You are an idiot. I have nothing to do with this board other than being a member and posting here.

  7. #26
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    You are an idiot. I have nothing to do with this board other than being a member and posting here.
    We'll see who the idiot is, I'll bet $100.00 you forgot the password for the Admin account.

  8. #27
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    You are an idiot. I have nothing to do with this board other than being a member and posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Well guys, I made a new forum the diehards can use if this forum goes away forever (I hope not). The web addy is Home | Scrappers

    Again, to the forum admins of this forum, if you need help keeping this forum up and running, I would be willing to help out in any way.
    You mean this forum

  9. #28
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts

  10. #29
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Wow! Sherlock effing Holmes! What did you do, go to t00nces2.com to expose my secret identity? What you just did there and tried to do to me is exponentially more douchebaggy than me returning an occasional new, unopened item purchased at a yard sale to the store for a store credit.

  11. #30
    jimicrk's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,677
    Thanks
    2,812
    Thanked 4,641 Times in 1,784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alloy2 View Post
    Yes websites are available that give personal information. I used several recently to find a sick friends parents to get an update on their son. Not hard to do.

    Posting that information on a public forum is a dic move....
    Last edited by jimicrk; 04-21-2021 at 04:38 AM.

  12. #31
    mikeinreco's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    4,672
    Thanks
    1,224
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Looks like we have a stalker in our midst....luckily alloy doesn't have the resources to do anything about it

  13. #32
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinreco View Post
    Looks like we have a stalker in our midst....luckily alloy doesn't have the resources to do anything about it
    Wow!... and he questions the morality of returning an item to the store.... And alloy2, I have no idea what I did to piss you off to this extent.
    Last edited by t00nces2; 04-21-2021 at 07:34 AM.

  14. #33
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts
    You do realize his name is on the other website? And he's posted his name on here before with business name? We don't hve stalkers, we have rememberers. People always give away their own info.

  15. #34
    SMF Badges of Honor



    Member since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    558
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 947 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    Wow! Sherlock effing Holmes! What did you do, go to t00nces2.com to expose my secret identity? What you just did there and tried to do to me is exponentially more douchebaggy than me returning an occasional new, unopened item purchased at a yard sale to the store for a store credit.
    Dipsheet, you posted your secret identity along with your customers name and email address and telephone number, And you have the nerve to cal me out as being douchebaggy.

    I wonder how
    Pamela Roberts would react to that.

    Got Screwed By Someone Who Hired Me


    Last edited by alloy2; 04-21-2021 at 12:01 PM.

  16. #35
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alloy2 View Post
    Dipsheet, you posted your secret identity along with your customers name and email address and telephone number, And you have the nerve to cal me out as being douchebaggy.

    I wonder how
    Pamela Roberts would react to that.

    Got Screwed By Someone Who Hired Me


    I hope she is angry enough to send me the money she owes me for the work I did. By all means, pass it along.

    Again, I have no idea what I did to piss you off so badly.

  17. #36
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I hope she is angry enough to send me the money she owes me for the work I did. By all means, pass it along.

    Again, I have no idea what I did to piss you off so badly.
    If I take a chance at guessing, it's the "half" stories and running around like a street pimp with a roll of money.
    The roll of mney with wa hundr4ed wrapped around a roll of one's.
    Just saying, of course.

  18. #37
    t00nces2 started this thread.
    t00nces2's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    1,634
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamTheGreatest View Post
    If I take a chance at guessing, it's the "half" stories and running around like a street pimp with a roll of money.
    The roll of mney with wa hundr4ed wrapped around a roll of one's.
    Just saying, of course.
    Half stories? A roll of ones wrapped with a 100? I'm not sure I know what you are talking about....

  19. #38
    mikeinreco's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TENNESSEE
    Posts
    4,672
    Thanks
    1,224
    Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,224 Posts
    Street pimp?

  20. #39
    hills's Avatar
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    904
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t00nces2 View Post
    I hope she is angry enough to send me the money she owes me for the work I did. By all means, pass it along.
    Definitely don't want to add to the acrimony going on but could i offer a few suggestions ?

    I was on my own for sixteen years. Only had one bill during that time that was unpaid. (Got burned for fifty bucks so it wasn't so bad.)

    Thing 1: Remember that business is business. It's nothing personal so don't ever take anything personally.

    Thing 2: Screen your new customers carefully. Spend a little time getting to know them before you start the job. If it doesn't feel right ... pass them along to someone who would be a better fit for them.

    Thing 3: Focus on customer satisfaction. One satisfied customer will happily pay the bill and pass your name along to three of their friends. One dissatisfied customer will tell ten about how unhappy they were with the service you provided.

    Thing 4: With men .... it's all about bringing the job in on time and on budget. With women .... you gauge the success of the project by how they " feel " about it at the end of the job.

    You probably aren't going to get paid on that one. You're best bet would be to take it all in stride and treat it as a learning experience.Try not to make the same mistake again if you can help it.

    There's no profit in grudging over your losses.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to hills for This Post:


  22. #40
    SMF Badges of Honor


    Member since
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 60 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hills View Post
    Definitely don't want to add to the acrimony going on but could i offer a few suggestions ?

    I was on my own for sixteen years. Only had one bill during that time that was unpaid. (Got burned for fifty bucks so it wasn't so bad.)

    Thing 1: Remember that business is business. It's nothing personal so don't ever take anything personally.

    Thing 2: Screen your new customers carefully. Spend a little time getting to know them before you start the job. If it doesn't feel right ... pass them along to someone who would be a better fit for them.

    Thing 3: Focus on customer satisfaction. One satisfied customer will happily pay the bill and pass your name along to three of their friends. One dissatisfied customer will tell ten about how unhappy they were with the service you provided.

    Thing 4: With men .... it's all about bringing the job in on time and on budget. With women .... you gauge the success of the project by how they " feel " about it at the end of the job.

    You probably aren't going to get paid on that one. You're best bet would be to take it all in stride and treat it as a learning experience.Try not to make the same mistake again if you can help it.

    There's no profit in grudging over your losses.
    This really didn't help the issue we are currently discussing, Hills. Maybe some input on how retail really really hates people returning items?
    Last edited by IamTheGreatest; 04-22-2021 at 07:50 AM.


  23. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

    1. governments failure to be proactive on the CRT disposal issue
      By DakotaRog in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 12-23-2014, 03:35 PM
    2. post about your failure/flaws
      By easyrecycle in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: 06-03-2014, 11:42 AM
    3. Replies: 22
      Last Post: 11-04-2013, 12:38 PM
    4. new tool??
      By corycouch in forum Tools and Equipment
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
    5. Selling harddrives: 50% failure rate so far -- suggestions?
      By ilyaz in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 11-22-2011, 02:36 PM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

 
Browse the Most Recent Threads
On SMF In THIS CATEGORY.





OR

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

The Scrap Metal Forum

    The Scrap Metal Forum is the #1 scrap metal recycling community in the world. Here we talk about the scrap metal business, making money, where we connect with other scrappers, scrap yards and more.

SMF on Facebook and Twitter

Twitter Facebook