The true value of a buyer

| General - Let's talk business
    EcoSafe started this thread.
    SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 6,807 Times in 1,954 Posts

The true value of a buyer

I have touched on this before but do to several pm's by newer posters I will revisit this situation.

The judge of the best buyer is not only the best price but the best over all average price along with several other factors and considerations.

First considerations should be are they members of this forum? If they are they would not be here long if they were flim flam artists.

There are also other considerations necessary to making the right decision for you.

HONESTY and INTEGRETY: Your buyer should have the same business ethics you have.

LOYALTY: Form a relationship, the benefits for buyer and seller will increase with time. Developing a personal as well as a business relation ship can only help.

Education: are they willing to show or tell you how to maximize profits.

ADJUSTMENTS: Is your buyer willing to discuss glitches and make adjustments if necessary.

Prompt service. Prompt Processing, and payment.

Look at who is doing the most volume, there is a reason for it. it may not be Joe and the family four scrap buyer or electronic waste buyer who today is paying .01 per lb more or .23 more for Gold memory or finger cards but over all performance and dependability. Will they be there tomorrow or when YOU need them.

NOTE: I can't recommend a Buyer here on the open forum but Most of the old timers know who that is, I have tried other buyers, the reason I choose mine is his company fits all the above requirements. mcw
    "anyone who thinks scrappin is easy money ain't doin it right!"

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olddude View Post
    I have touched on this before but do to several pm's by newer posters I will revisit this situation.

The judge of the best buyer is not only the best price but the best over all average price along with several other factors and considerations.

First considerations should be are they members of this forum? If they are they would not be here long if they were flim flam artists.

There are also other considerations necessary to making the right decision for you.

HONESTY and INTEGRETY: Your buyer should have the same business ethics you have.

LOYALTY: Form a relationship, the benefits for buyer and seller will increase with time. Developing a personal as well as a business relation ship can only help.

Education: are they willing to show or tell you how to maximize profits.

ADJUSTMENTS: Is your buyer willing to discuss glitches and make adjustments if necessary.

Prompt service. Prompt Processing, and payment.

Look at who is doing the most volume, there is a reason for it. it may not be Joe and the family four scrap buyer or electronic waste buyer who today is paying .01 per lb more or .23 more for Gold memory or finger cards but over all performance and dependability. Will they be there tomorrow or when YOU need them.

NOTE: I can't recommend a Buyer here on the open forum but Most of the old timers know who that is, I have tried other buyers, the reason I choose mine is his company fits all the above requirements. mcw
    Let me give this an A+ times 2! OD has stated it well. Watch who the ones, that have been around for awhile, leave feedback for.

The relationship I have with some buyers, allows me to NAP well and often. The only time my buyers have caused any NAP interference, is when I have been awaken by the sweet sound of a CHACHING, hitting my phone. To which, I hit snooze, and take a longer NAP! That is all ;-)

3. The Following 6 Users say Thank You for This Post by BroJer:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 348 Posts
    Great post Old Dude, I to look for the qualities that you mentioned in a buyer, with out a good buyer that you trust the hole foundation of your business is let's say unstable. And yes the reputation they have on the forum is very important the cream always rises to the top.getting feed back from fellow members that have done busines with buyers is invaluable. I have made some lets say friends that I do business with,I think of them as friends, a friend answers your call when you call, he offers his advise and wisdom when asked, and helps you to the best of there ability, If you have ever read some of my posts you will know who my friends are. I do believe in making new friends and thru this forum you can make some real good friends also.

5. The Following 6 Users say Thank You for This Post by 1956:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 8,783 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Why is this not a sticky yet?

It should be.

Make it so awesome SMF staff!

Sirscrapalot - I agree with everything in the original post.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirscrapalot for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,350 Posts
    agreed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeinreco for This Post:

SMF Badges of Honor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,256 Times in 1,335 Posts
    Couldnt agree more. Well I could make one more point. Not only are they a member but do they contribute to more then just their buyers thread. We have all seen buyers just post a buyers thread and never chime in on anything else to try to help the forum.

11. The Following 6 Users say Thank You for This Post by PartTimeScrapper:

12. Similar threads on the Scrap Metal Forum

1. Things you may here a true scrapper say.
      By EcoSafe in forum Off Topic Discussions
      Replies: 76
      Last Post: 08-20-2018, 05:15 PM
    2. Analysis of ewaste true value
      By ScrapYaHerd in forum General Electronics Recycling
      Replies: 61
      Last Post: 02-01-2015, 05:01 PM
    3. Score, motherload, or otherwise awesome thread. - TOO good to be true
      By corycouch in forum A Day in the Life of a Scrapper
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 03-17-2013, 08:12 PM
    4. Is it true??